Does Apple read this forum?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Torinate, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

I'm curious if Apple reads anything here.

There have been several concerns noted for a myriad of different problems. Wondering if Apple takes the time to read here or if there is perhaps a better forum or place people should voice their concerns.

Most of the problems mimic what's reported also on the Apple forum.

Curious...

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I work with an Apple rep that does training. I've asked this question and he said no they do not look at any forums. Furthermore they discourage their employees from participating in or reading them. The hard reset (home and power button) is not even allowed to be given as a solution or troubleshooting step to any of the carriers.

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Since this is the premiere iPhone forums on the net, I'd say they do read them even if not in an official manner..

4. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I'm with you. I work for a big insurance company and we have people who are hired solely to just read social network sites, posts, about our products/customer service/members etc. I would be hard pressed to believe Apple wouldn't bother to check in on forums and websites from time to time

5. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I think they are trained to say that too. ;)
    I agree!

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

It's open to the net, we don't live in a communist country, I'm sure someone reads it even if they aren't allowed or whatever. I don't follow rules to well so I'm sure I would even if I was told not to.

7. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

We are trained to say that.
    I signed a disclosure statement stating I would never mention the carrier I work for or Apple on any public information site blah blah blah. 17 pages long. I didn't read a word of it.

Obviously ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Trouble maker. :p

9. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

<In my best Kindergarten voice> Uh, oh. I'm telling!

;)

10. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah yeah. My son in law signed a one million year contract with Scientology - to cover all his re-incarnations! Blasphemy. Steve....Steve.

11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Well, if Apple chooses not to read this messages on this site, then I would suggest that when have a very good thread going, full of great ideas and gripes, we copy and paste every message in the thread and e-mail the top brass at Apple with our helpful suggestions. As more and more similar complains begin to surface, both here and on other forums, everythingicafe readers can then publicly post messages (not just here but all over apple-fan sites) about having contacted the higher-ups at Apple, and these higher-ups' failure to address customers' concerns.

The more people do this, the more Apple will feel the pressure to make amends.

Case in point: Antennagate, iOS 6.0 Maps

Last thing Apple needs is to have hundreds of articles exposing their sub-par customer service making rounds around the Internet. :sneaky:

12. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I feel safe here to voice my opinions/complaints here. I have heard and read stories of customers posting complaints/issues to the Apple forum website. Only they are met w/their username being changed or their comments disappearing altogether. I wouldn't ever bother posting the same concerns on the Apple forum.

13. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

With all due respect to EIC, I would think Apple's own discussion forums might keep them pretty busy. Not to say they'd never read this site - but there's a pretty heavy volume of discussions, problem reports etc at Apple's own.

14. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

They just need to get to the topics that matter before the moderators delete them. :p

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I try lol

16. snowtrooper1966

Gold

You, good sir have well surpassed trying...:D

"Do or do not. There is no try...."

-someone far older and more wise than I

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple employees thousands of people. I'm sure many of them read the various Apple forums. The question isn't whether or not they read the threads, it's if what they read ends up having any bearing on what Apple implements and fixes.

The best thing you can do it report issues directly to Apple. I try to report them monthly until a solution is found. I sent ten or so requests for a rotation lock back when I was on 2.x and 3.x. We finally got it on 4.0, and I think it was a result of requests from numerous people. The more people request (reasonable) features and specific bug fixes, the sooner we'll get them.

You can submit feedback here:
    iPhone Feedback: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
    Bug reporter: http://bugreporter.apple.com/

18. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Kevin?

19. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Close
    I think Yoda is a little younger tho....:D

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I read this forum, and that's all you need.