Does Apple Watch use your existing iPhone plan for data?

RicK james

Bronze
Sep 5, 2011
Ok so I'm finally doing a little bit of research on the watch to buy.

Just curious but does it use the plan from your iPhone to get online, send messages etc?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok so I'm finally doing a little bit of research on the watch to buy.

Just curious but does it use the plan from your iPhone to get online, send messages etc?
Yes. It uses your phone to do all of that.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
Uses lot of your iPhone battery 2...like crazy !!!

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
I know where I charge them.
My point was, now we are plugging in two devices every night.
By which I mean, I normally charge (plug in) my phone every two days. As the soon to arrive watch will drain the phone quicker, I will need to "plug in" two devices every night.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
I do recommend getting iPhone 6 plus because of the battery...other wise your phone will not last you whole day

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I do recommend getting iPhone 6 plus because of the battery...other wise your phone will not last you whole day
My iPhone 6 lasts the entire day without a charge and I use it a lot. I recommed choosing an iPhone based on what screen size they want, not the battery.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
I had both before I retuned iPhone 6 now I am with iPhone 6 plus and I definitely love it...if you want long battery life and Beautiful screen go with 6 plus...at the end you guys will do what your budget will allow...battery is much better on 6 plus main reason why I got 6 plus

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I had both before I retuned iPhone 6 now I am with iPhone 6 plus and I definitely love it...if you want long battery life and Beautiful screen go with 6 plus...at the end you guys will do what your budget will allow...battery is much better on 6 plus main reason why I got 6 plus
It wasn't about cost for me. I could afford the 6 Plus, but I wanted the smaller screen for pocketabilty and one-handed usage. I charge my phone every night, so it doesn't make any difference to me. They both can get through the day just fine. Yes, the battery on the 6 Plus lasts longer and could go two days without a charge in many instances, but that's not my priority.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
I talk on the phone for 4 hrs plus, plus heavy internet usage for my laptop, business purposes, iPhone 6 lasted 8 hrs...let's not discuss this further is pointless...with iPhone 6 plus I get whole day by 11 pm my battery is below 5%

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I talk on the phone for 4 hrs plus, plus heavy internet usage for my laptop, business purposes, iPhone 6 lasted 8 hrs...let's not discuss this further is pointless...with iPhone 6 plus I get whole day by 11 pm my battery is below 5%
That's fine that you chose your phone based on the battery life and I'm glad it lasts you all day. I'm just saying battery life isn't the only thing for other people to consider when choosing an iPhone. Some of us would rather have a smaller phone and can still get a full day out of the 6. You said our iPhone 6 batteries would not last a full day and that is not true in many cases.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I say choose your phone to be as large and noticeable as possible so that others will worship the phone you have.