Does AT&T Do Tower Upgrades During the Day?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I don't really know where to put these type of threads, so I'm putting then here.

Our AT&T tower has for a few months been crap, and I've thought it's been because of extreme congestion. In the day, we are luckily to get data service. But tonight, at one of the busiest nights of the year for the town, I figured I wouldn't get any data. I ran multiple speed tests and I got 5-8mbps on all. And our tower is 4G/ HSPA+.

So now I'm wondering if they are doing upgrades in the day? But it happens everyday for months. I never see any trucks here.

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
I'm not sure what the problem is? You said that, during the day, you get data service. Then, on one of the busiest nights of the year, you said you were able to get 5-8Mbps.

While I don't have an official answer, I don't imagine them doing upgrades or updates during the day, as they can most likely interrupt people's services.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I get very very slow data service, and we are lucky to get any at all, like stated. It's just weird of how it works. While it should be congested, it's not, and during a normal businesss day it's very congested.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It might be coincidental. Try enabling and then disabling airplane mode. If that doesn't work, reset your network settings.