does AT&T need to check your credit when you activate?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
i'm not really sure on tthis. do they check your credit? and how long does it take before your iPhone is activated? thanks

Sep 11, 2007
You don't activate your phone through AT&T you just buy it from them. You activate it through iTunes. I don't know of any credit check, but I was an existing customer.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
i'm not really sure on tthis. do they check your credit? and how long does it take before your iPhone is activated? thanks
if you trying to get new service with them, then yes they will. I don't know of any cell phone company out there that doesn't check your credit before signing a 2yr contract, unless you are renewing and are already an existing customer, hope that clears up the confusion. if you arent currently an AT&T customer, then yes, they will check your credit.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
if you trying to get new service with them, then yes they will. I don't know of any cell phone company out there that doesn't check your credit before signing a 2yr contract, unless you are renewing and are already an existing customer, hope that clears up the confusion. if you arent currently an AT&T customer, then yes, they will check your credit.

i own a red 98 trans am. you post on ls1tech.com or ls1.com by any chance?

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
F. ATT just unlock the iPhone and sign up with T-Mobile no contract month to month and you can even keep you old or transfer your phone number
and no need to give your Social security