Does AT&T not exchange iPhones?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
just wondering because a friend of mine had just bought an iPhone from an att store and like 4 hrs later he was having issues with it and then he took it back to that store to do an exchange and they said they don't exchange iPhones they just sell them and told him to call 1800 my iPhone is that correct that they wont exchange them. The reason he hasn't gone to an Apple store is because that store is about 4hrs away from him.. Is there anything that he can do...

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yeah they told him that he could return it but would have the restocking fee as well which i don't see fare if its defective and all.. I think if they sell them they should be able to exchange it especially being that he had problem same day he bought it. Im just glad i don't have any problems with mine even though theres an Apple store 5 min walk from my house.

The problem is between the manufacturer and the retailer. Apple will not take defective phones back from AT&T retailers. Blaming AT&T isn't necessarily correct unless you are blaming their contract attorneys. (By the way, AT&T does have a 14 day return policy on all their other phones)