Does AT&T Provide Firefighter Discount?

Punkrulz

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
Hey everyone, great forums here. Lately I've been in the decision making process of if I stick with Sprint (by getting the Palm Pre), or go with the iPhone. Unfortunately there are many issues with the Pre that appear won't be fixed by December when my Sprint contract ends, so I'm leaning more towards the iPhone.

One of the fortunate things with Sprint is that since I am a volunteer firefighter, they provide me a government discount (between 5% and 7% if I'm not mistaken) off of my bill every month. Does AT&T provide the same kind of service?

Owtlaw

Aug 2, 2008
Kinda..

I'm a state employee and I get 15% off, but it doesn't count for iPhone. I have a family plan and the AT&T rep I deal with changed my wife phone to the primary account holder so we could keep our discount.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm a state employee and I get 15% off, but it doesn't count for iPhone. I have a family plan and the AT&T rep I deal with changed my wife phone to the primary account holder so we could keep our discount.
Owtlaw, you might want to call AT&T and check again. Since the release of the 3G, corporate discounts are now applied to the iPhone voice portion of the plans.

Owtlaw

Aug 2, 2008
Owtlaw, you might want to call AT&T and check again. Since the release of the 3G, corporate discounts are now applied to the iPhone voice portion of the plans.
Wow! I will do that. Thanks Hawk.