Does battery drain faster with more email accounts added to iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
My battery life was great before when i only had one email account setup on my iPhone, however since i've added additional accounts for a total of 6, the battery seems to drain quicker. not by a dramatic amount, but noticeably...............

btw, i have my emails set to retrieve every 1 hour

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
My battery life was great before when i only had one email account setup on my iPhone, however since i've added additional accounts for a total of 6, the battery seems to drain quicker. not by a dramatic amount, but noticeably...............

btw, i have my emails set to retrieve every 1 hour

Of course it will decrease battery life, rather than checking one email account every hour, you are checking 6 different accounts per hour.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
No way is your phone going to drain SIGNIFICANTLY faster by checking 6 emails every hour rather then one. If you live in an area with VERY poor signal then i may see this being an issue.

So to answer your question NO. If you have a battery problem, drain the device all the way until it says "please charge" or whatever it says. this will reest the battery. Charge the phone to full and you'll notice a difference. If that doesn't help, restore it and do the same thing. If THAT doesn't solve it and battery truly does suck then have it repaired. :)

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Of course it will decrease battery life, rather than checking one email account every hour, you are checking 6 different accounts per hour.
I was under the impression that it synced all e-mail accounts at the same time. If you have three e-mail accounts, it's not going to check them at three separate times. If you're at one hour intervals, it will check them all at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, etc.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I was under the impression that it synced all e-mail accounts at the same time. If you have three e-mail accounts, it's not going to check them at three separate times. If you're at one hour intervals, it will check them all at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, etc.
What he's saying is that it takes longer to do this through edge or WiFi thereforee consuming more power. How much more power is what I stated.