Does Belkin Auto-Kit Work?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

warrior09

Aug 1, 2007
Hello! Just wondering if the Belkin Auto-Kit works for the iPhone. It is the one with the dock connector and the line in/out on the cigarette lighter adapter. Also, if it does work, does it charge? play music? and how does it handle incoming calls? Thank you for your input!

tpd

Aug 19, 2007
Hello! Just wondering if the Belkin Auto-Kit works for the iPhone. It is the one with the dock connector and the line in/out on the cigarette lighter adapter. Also, if it does work, does it charge? play music? and how does it handle incoming calls? Thank you for your input!
When I first got the phone I couldn't get it to work with the Belkin Car Kits in both my cars. But the 1.0.1 update seems to have enabled the line out and charging. The kits now charge the phone (lightning bolt in top battery indicator) and the ipod plays through the lineout on the Belkin. I don't use airplane mode so I get the occasional (twice in an hour drive) GSM chirps but I mainly listen to podcasts so it really doesn't bother me.

The only thing I can't speak to is phone behavior. I haven't gotten a call in the couple of days I've been back to using this setup. Will let you know what happens when I do need to use the phone side of things.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Belkin TuneFM'

Site:http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=257339
Price: 50.00

It work's, but there is some buzz. Not as much as the FMcup.

When connected to the iPhone, it comes up and displays "iPod Accessory"
But does not allow you to change the options, or even see them.

You have to search your channels until you find the one that its playing on. Since it normally displays the channel on the iPod.
(and it doesn't work on the iPhone)

And if the preset channel isn't the best quality, you make the changes on the device, then you have to search for the channel again.

I will keep this one, until i can find a better one.
Or i get a new head unit. And hope it works for the iPhone.

I will be taking it back to try something different...

Last edited by a moderator:

tpd

Aug 19, 2007
Just clarification... Except for the GSM chirps every 15-30 minutes, there is no interference with the Belkin wired car kit. It sounds just like an iPod. Another nice feature, the backlight on the iPhone will dim but not go our completely so you can still see the album art and use the controls without unlocking the phone.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Just clarification... Except for the GSM chirps every 15-30 minutes, there is no interference with the Belkin wired car kit. It sounds just like an iPod. Another nice feature, the backlight on the iPhone will dim but not go our completely so you can still see the album art and use the controls without unlocking the phone.
yes the back light turns off.. but i always lock the phone so it will turn off.
I don't want my screen being on any more then what it should.

But i am really looking forward to trying this one. I hate the buzz i get every couple min's

mine does it more often then 15min's