Does contact sync work both ways? iPhone back to Yahoo address book?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

boxta

May 15, 2007
I just did a resync with my computer, and to my surprise, all the contacts I have added to my iPhone since I got it has been erased. Also, all the contact pictures association has been erased as well.

Is this normal?

I was expecting it would be like palm where it would be 2 way syncing. Or did I mess up some setting that may enable that?

thanks

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I just did a resync with my computer, and to my surprise, all the contacts I have added to my iPhone since I got it has been erased. Also, all the contact pictures association has been erased as well.

Is this normal?

I was expecting it would be like palm where it would be 2 way syncing. Or did I mess up some setting that may enable that?

thanks
Make sure you have the correct selection checked in your info tab of iTunes with your iPhone connected. You may have it set to sync your pop email only.

boxta

May 15, 2007
it did sync

Make sure you have the correct selection checked in your info tab of iTunes with your iPhone connected. You may have it set to sync your pop email only.

it did sync up with my iPhone again from yahoo address book. But all the new contacts I added via the iPhone and not in the yahoo address book, got deleted.. And was not sync back to yahoo.

is this the normal behavior? Or am i the ab normal one.

thanks