Does double-pressing quickly bypass Touch ID?

Alkali

Bronze
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
My friends,
I have iPhone 6 with latest software but I noticed from lock screen, it will open when I pressed the home button twice in quick succession by fassing touch ID. I would have thought after the the required time set of 5 minutes,only touch ID will work. Please help and thanks.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I tried it and I think your Touch ID is registering your touch at some point. When I use a thumbtip or fingertip to press the home button twice in succession, the phone won't unlock. I've noticed that the Touch ID is quite a bit more sensitive on the new iPhones.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My friends,
I have iPhone 6 with latest software but I noticed from lock screen, it will open when I pressed the home button twice in quick succession by fassing touch ID. I would have thought after the the required time set of 5 minutes,only touch ID will work. Please help and thanks.
The only option for Touch ID is immediate. You can't use a five-minute setting like you can on when Touch ID is not enabled.
But does that mean any body can open the phone unauthorized? Any solution?
No. It won't allow access to someone whose fingerprint is not scanned into your phone. It's reading your registered fingerprint on the quick double-tap. It's that good. The fingerprint scanner in the iPhone 6 is significantly faster and more accurate than the fingerprint scanners I use at work to dispense controlled substances. It's pretty impressive.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It's reading your registered fingerprint on the quick double-tap. It's that good. The fingerprint scanner in the iPhone 6 is significantly faster and more accurate than the fingerprint scanners I use at work to dispense controlled substances. It's pretty impressive.
Yes, indeed it is. Even with my 5s I could do a tap on the home button and fingerprint scan in one fell swoop, but now this works about 95%-98% of the time instead of only 75% of the time.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
When I setup my new iP6 I didn't activate the ID Touch or the Passcode.

So now if I want to activate the ID Tocuh do I just "Add Fingerprint"? And do I have to first (or second) add a Passcode?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
When I setup my new iP6 I didn't activate the ID Touch or the Passcode.

So now if I want to activate the ID Tocuh do I just "Add Fingerprint"? And do I have to first (or second) add a Passcode?
It will ask prompt you to set up a passcode when you select Touch ID & Passcode in the settings. From there you can add fingerprints and toggle iPhone Unlock and iTunes and App Store purchases on.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
:laugh2: OMG! My absolute favorite!!!

These guys look like they are definitely in your crew. Long layered hair, choppy unkempt mustache and goatees, tight patterned pants, confident shirt choices(the one with the bear on it is sweet) and knowing smiles . These guys are definitely cut from the same cloth as you Naps! So yes, I do mean this Heep! You couldn't be in better company. The only difference is you voided your hair long ago, they have to rise to that level so that is what makes you the top guy on the Heep.

Naps! C'mon man! Where do you find this stuff. :D:ROFLMAO::D

You're priceless! (y)

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
:laugh2: OMG! My absolute favorite!!!

These guys look like they are definitely in your crew. Long layered hair, choppy unkempt mustache and goatees, tight patterned pants, confident shirt choices(the one with the bear on it is sweet) and knowing smiles . These guys are definitely cut from the same cloth as you Naps! So yes, I do mean this Heep! You couldn't be in better company.The only difference is you voided your hair long ago, they have to rise to that level so that is what makes you the top guy on the Heep.

Naps! C'mon man! Where do you find this stuff. :D:ROFLMAO::D

You're priceless! (y)
Typos are priceless. :D