Does draining the battery help?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by sorbet, Mar 11, 2012.

1. sorbet

sorbet Member
    Bronze

My battery lasts a full day no problem, and when I plug it in at night it's usually around 40% or so. Someone at the Apple store told me before that it helps to let the battery drain itself once or twice a month, and then let it recharge fully and carry on as normal.

But whenever I do that, it seems like the battery life isn't as strong as it once was, but I don't really pay too much attention honestly. Is doing this helping/hurting/having no impact on battery life?

2. Johnlennon78

Johnlennon78 Member
    Bronze

Hey! It's always good to let any type of battery drain itself once in awhile. Reason is, batteries have memory in them, so if you charge it whenever there is 40% left, it will 'tag' your battery charging @60% all the time so your battery will never be fully charged. Hope that helps

3. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

for some reason i didn't think it mattered with these batteries. Thanks for update

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Yes it helps. It resets the calibration on the battery so it knows the true zero. Also when it is 100% charged while plugged into a WALL outlet do a hard reset.

5. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

thanks rugaby