Does dying scare you?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Without getting in a religious discussion, what is your greatest fear about dying? For me my only fear of death is not being around to see my family thrive. How about you?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Fear of dying is fear or living. Live your life like it's your last day on earth and you'll be fine.
Sounds good but what if I use my life savings only to find out it wasn't my last day and have 80 years to live? :D j/k that is a great message you posted there.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Fear of dying is a fear of not living or the dying process. But if you are not aware that you are not living, there is nothing to fear except the dying process itself and leaving those that you love. I think everyone is afraid of that to some extent. As long as you don't let if affect or interfere with your life it's not a problem.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Fear of dying is a fear of not living or the dying process. But if you are not aware that you are not living, there is nothing to fear except the dying process itself. I think everyone is afraid of that to some extent. As long as you don't let if affect or interfere with your life it's not a problem.
Agree

Robbinhoodz25

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
I think about this a lot and I think I've learned that me fear is not necessarily the fear of death, but the fear of not knowing EXACTLY what happens when I die and or just the fact that I will not exist on this world. Does it just go black or will I get actually meet God(not trying to bring up religion) like I imagine or do I become reincarnated as a toilet in Taco Bell. That my friends... Is what I'm afraid of. But my motto is just to be awesome people and treat others the same because WHO knows what fates are waiting for us on the other side.
*drops the mic*

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think about this a lot and I think I've learned that me fear is not necessarily the fear of death, but the fear of not knowing EXACTLY what happens when I die and or just the fact that I will not exist on this world. Does it just go black or will I get actually meet God(not trying to bring up religion) like I imagine or do I become reincarnated as a toilet in Taco Bell. That my friends... Is what I'm afraid of. But my motto is just to be awesome people and treat others the same because WHO knows what fates are waiting for us on the other side.
*drops the mic*
Personally I don't believe in an afterlife or reincarnation, but I sometimes think of how it would feel to be a shark swimming in the ocean or an eagle soaring in the mountains. I've never considered the possibility of becoming a toilet...and a toilet at Taco Bell? Now that would be hell. :D

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
^
Tough to follow that post, but....

My death, no.
However, having experienced the worst death I could imagine 38 months ago, when 3 day old Tiberius Mk.1 passed in my arms, I can say besides the obvious profound loss, in a strange way it made me a better man.
Looking back, I would never have thought I had the fortitude to deal with that with any modicum of grace. To be in a aafe and loving space to not just bury the pain or mask it with some substance was a major moment of clarity.
That kind of loss can destroy a family, but to be fortunate enough to just feel every emotion with my wife and snowtrooper jr. at my side, it brought into razor sharp focus how important every moment you have with your family is.
The birth of Tiberius Mk.2 11 months later did go a long way to heal us, and despite his many health challenges and major surgeries, I simply enjoy every smile, hug and yes, tear.
Every moment we have together is so precious, I'm not about to squander it on the unknown....

Last edited:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
It's human nature to fear the unknown which is what being dead is. Why do you think so many people are afraid of the dark even if they just turned off the lights to a room and know exactly what it looks like? Because they no longer can see it so their mind isn't really sure what's in that black void. lol

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
The thing that scares me is hoping I've planned correctly so that my loved ones are taken care of financially and none of my debt, even though relatively small, becomes a burden to them.