Does iOS 7 run smoother on iPhone 5s vs iPhone 5?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
So after updating my iPhone 5 when the update arrived I wasn't happy with the buggy nature, so I sold my iPhone 5 early this year. Should I go for an iPhone 5s? I'm having to get a phone as my main one died, so I've been offered the iPhone 5s. I wanted some honest opinions on iOS 7.

Does iOS 7 run smooth on the iPhone 5s? Will I be as happy as I was with my iPhone 5 before iOS 7?

Any help..thanks.

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It all depends on which version of iOS 7 you were running. Since you sold your iPhone 5, Apple has released a number of updates, many of which have fixed a number of bugs. You have to remember that iOS 7 was a major rewrite, which made it less stable than previous upgrades (for example iOS 5 to iOS 6).

Plenty of work has gone into stabilizing iOS 7. The release of iOS 7.1 resulted in less crashes of Safari.

As for the iPhone 5s, it's 64-bit architecture helps keep things moving along at a nice clip. I've found it to be fast and smooth.

If you are not making changes to your contract, upgrading to an iPhone 5s seems like a good move. Remember, the iPhone 6 will come later this year and feature a larger screen. If you are renewing a contract, you'll want to keep that in mind.

As an aside, I've edited your title and ask that you take a look at our quality guidelines regarding posts and improving our community. Thanks!