Does iOS 7 run smoother on iPhone 5s vs iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Prozium12, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

So after updating my iPhone 5 when the update arrived I wasn't happy with the buggy nature, so I sold my iPhone 5 early this year. Should I go for an iPhone 5s? I'm having to get a phone as my main one died, so I've been offered the iPhone 5s. I wanted some honest opinions on iOS 7.

Does iOS 7 run smooth on the iPhone 5s? Will I be as happy as I was with my iPhone 5 before iOS 7?

Any help..thanks.

Sent using iCafe app

#1 Prozium12, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It all depends on which version of iOS 7 you were running. Since you sold your iPhone 5, Apple has released a number of updates, many of which have fixed a number of bugs. You have to remember that iOS 7 was a major rewrite, which made it less stable than previous upgrades (for example iOS 5 to iOS 6).

Plenty of work has gone into stabilizing iOS 7. The release of iOS 7.1 resulted in less crashes of Safari.

As for the iPhone 5s, it's 64-bit architecture helps keep things moving along at a nice clip. I've found it to be fast and smooth.

If you are not making changes to your contract, upgrading to an iPhone 5s seems like a good move. Remember, the iPhone 6 will come later this year and feature a larger screen. If you are renewing a contract, you'll want to keep that in mind.

As an aside, I've edited your title and ask that you take a look at our quality guidelines regarding posts and improving our community. Thanks!