Does iPhone have one or two speakers?

bzpilot

Oct 20, 2007
The sound on mine just seems to be coming from the bottom left grill. Is there suppose to be a speaker on the right also?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Welcome to the forums :)

One is a speaker and the other is the microphone.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I can't imagine how often Apple employees have encountered this same question. I'd make a sign right beside the Genius Bar saying that only 1 is a speaker and the other is a mic.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
4th time in a week. ;)

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I can't imagine how often Apple employees have encountered this same question. I'd make a sign right beside the Genius Bar saying that only 1 is a speaker and the other is a mic.
LMAO! The thought of people bum rushin' the genius bar only to stop, look at sign, look around store.... leave dejected.... like DAMN! :p

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
hey, first time I saw the grills, said to myself: "stereo speakers...cool!"...and then I covered them in turn while playing music...then I learned the truth :laugh2:

Kipper

Bronze
I have to say.....no matter how many times noobs ask this question everyone always responds pleasantly and there is no bashing saying to use the search button. This is the reason y I love this site so much and will be here forever. I have learned so much from everyone here and just wanted to thank everyone for making this site such a wonderful experience for me. *cheers*