Does iPhone unlock work with Nextel?

elroi21

Sep 22, 2007
i plan on buying an iPhone this week so here's my questions.

Does the unlock only work with T-Mobile? I have nextel

If it only works with T-mobil do i have to get a reg. plan plus the data plan to work the internet?

Is the process of unlocking easy or is there a lot of coding involved in other words can a computer illliterate unlock this phone?

Anyone know any good sites where to i-unlock the phone.

Thanks for any replies

Last edited by a moderator:

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
i plan on buying an iPhone this week so here's my questions.

Does the unlock only work with T-mobil? I have nextel

If it only works with T-mobil do i have to get a reg. plan plus the data plan to work the internet?

Is the process of unlocking easy or is there a lot of coding involved in other words can a computer illliterate unlock this phone?

Anyone know any good sites where to i-unlock the phone.

Thanks for any replies

i did mine with tmob worked fine

once you have it

need anyhelp
just ask!

took me a while

but in the end it worked!

:laugh2:

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
In the US your only choices are AT&T or T-Mobil, it won't work on Nextel.

One question, why unlock to use T-Mobil, why would you just not go to AT&T?

elroi21

Sep 22, 2007

T-mobil is cheaper and give you more minutes than AT&t

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
T-mobil is cheaper and give you more minutes than AT&t
You've probably done your research (I haven't) but it's hard to believe that you can do much better than $20 for unlimited data. Also, at least in my case, the AT&T roll over minutes can't be beat.

Our family of 4 share 1400 minutes and we have 8,600+ roll over minutes. We'll never use all of our minuutes.

elroi21

Sep 22, 2007
You've probably done your research (I haven't) but it's hard to believe that you can do much better than $20 for unlimited data. Also, at least in my case, the AT&T roll over minutes can't be beat.

Our family of 4 share 1400 minutes and we have 8,600+ roll over minutes. We'll never use all of our minuutes.

For 39.99 i get 1000 min. plus $5 for unlimited data plan at T-mob.As to AT&T 450 min. for 59.99.I would save $15 a month plus every posts i've read says T is better than ATT.Service wise

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
For 39.99 i get 1000 min. plus $5 for unlimited data plan at T-mob.As to AT&T 450 min. for 59.99.I would save $15 a month plus every posts i've read says T is better than ATT.Service wise
OK my bad, I had read that unlimited data with t-mobile was $39.99. I didn't bother to look it up :)

Good luck and enjoy your phone!

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
it all depends I had t mobile for 3 years and I absolutely hated the service, and I love at and t service so it all depends on your area.

jfagundo

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Hi, can you tell me how in the world you get the unlimited data plan for $5? I have it and pay $39 a month. There is no $5 option anywhere on T-Mobile's site. Now I'm wondering if I am paying way to much for the all so slow EDGE network! :eek:

Thx.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Current pricing is $19.99

T-Mobile unlimited data including Hot-Spots recently dropped to $19.99 - if you need corporate email it cost more (basically they charge more if you want to connect via Exchange server):laugh2:

Currently have unlocked iPhone and use ATT most of the time and T-Mobile when I want to hit a hot-spot or when I travel to Europe (have 'floating' SIM on T-Mob family plan at this time). I have both active still (family has T-Mobile Family Plan due to lower costs, been with them for years) I have ATT just because of iPhone. If unlock is stable over the next few months (Apple and ATT don't bloke it) then I switch back to T-Mobile on unlocked iPhone as they give better international plan and coverage in Europe.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Meant to add - as add on to voice plan

The $19.99 price is based on already having a voice plan - it an add on.
Price ($39 and $69) on webpage is based on internet plan only.

ehack

Sep 24, 2007
Free the iPhone (image)

please help me spread this imagine around the corners of the internet, if u have a site or know where to put pictures where theyll be seen please post this, Thanks.

Attachments

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007

This is just not so....their are other carriers like SunCom and believe me with the unlimited plan for only 49.99 a month it makes the iPhone all the better!

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Hey, better read the previous post concerning unlocking and modifications. Looks like Apple & AT&T may be putting a stop to some mods and unlocking, I would be careful :eek: