Does it every bother you when ...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipsedixit

Dec 16, 2007
... when the popular press (e.g. newspapers, magazines) refer to the iPhone as "iPhone" or "iPhone" or "iPhone"?

I know it's trivial, but it just looks so odd.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't know that it "bothers" me to see it written elsewhere incorrectly but when I am typing and put iPhone, I feel a need to go back and fix it. I guess that makes me one of the weird ones. :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I haven't noticed much in the press. They always seem to get the lower case i right.

However, my schools handbook does say the following: Electronic items, such as cellular phones, pagers, CD players, PDAs, laptops, or any kind of I-Pods are not permitted between 7:30 and 3:06.

The spelling I-Pod gets on my nerves.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Doesn't bother me, but if I do type iPhone, I do go back and change it to iPhone. :D
I do the same. And being a frequently posting member here, I type iPhone at least 20 times a day. So when I misspell it, and the little red line comes up under it, it offers the suggestion "iPhone" or "iPhone", but that i has to be lower case, and the p has to be upper case.

- John

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I do the same. And being a frequently posting member here, I type iPhone at least 20 times a day. So when I misspell it, and the little red line comes up under it, it offers the suggestion "iPhone" or "iPhone", but that i has to be lower case, and the p has to be upper case.

- John
I also end up typing iPHone a lot, b/c I type too fast.