Does rebooting mean I have to re-enter settings?

DRzFinest18

Bronze
Dec 9, 2007
New Jersey
I just got my iPhone yesterday and I noticed the battery life today when it was fully charged already dropped like some after about an hour of just listening to music.

So i went looking on these forums and i wanted to re-boot because someone said that it will maybe make the battery life longer, i want to know is this true and what happens when you re-boot, do i have to put in my e-mail and stuff all over agian?

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
To reboot just hold down the top button until the red slider appears and then use it to shut off the phone. Use the top button to turn it back on. There you go. You're rebooted. And everything will be exactly the way it was when you shut it off.

As far as battery life goes, everyone seems to get varying amounts of use depending on how they utilize the phone. Shutting off Bluetooth and the WiFi when you're not using it helps.

BTW, here's a list of a lot of common questions with answers you might want to look at.

Welcome to EIC!

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/faqs-for-new-iphone-users-1st-gen.15658/

Last edited by a moderator:

DRzFinest18

Bronze
Dec 9, 2007
New Jersey
To reboot just hold down the top button until the red slider appears and then use it to shut off the phone. Use the top button to turn it back on. There you go. You're rebooted. And everything will be exactly the way it was when you shut it off.

As far as battery life goes, everyone seems to get varying amounts of use depending on how they utilize the phone. Shutting off Bluetooth and the WiFi when you're not using it helps.

BTW, here's a list of a lot of common questions with answers you might want to look at.

Welcome to EIC!

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/faqs-for-new-iphone-users-1st-gen.15658/
Thanks!

DRzFinest18

Bronze
Dec 9, 2007
New Jersey

Welcome to EIC!

Wait what happens if you press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'm pretty sure that as of 1.1.1 holding it for too long doesn't put it in to recovery mode anymore. Holding it for longer than when you see the red slider just turns it off without having to press the slider. I'm not sure if it's more a hard turn off than using the slider or not.

I have noticed if I keep Wifi on while listening to music my battery is much less and the iPhone gets noticeably hotter than if I don't have Wifi on. Just what I've noticed.

Welcome to EIC, you'll find lots of helpful (and not so helpful) people here. I'm one of the not so helpful :)

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I'm pretty sure that as of 1.1.1 holding it for too long doesn't put it in to recovery mode anymore. Holding it for longer than when you see the red slider just turns it off without having to press the slider. I'm not sure if it's more a hard turn off than using the slider or not.

I have noticed if I keep Wifi on while listening to music my battery is much less and the iPhone gets noticeably hotter than if I don't have Wifi on. Just what I've noticed.

Welcome to EIC, you'll find lots of helpful (and not so helpful) people here. I'm one of the not so helpful :)
Just put my friend's 1.1.1 into recovery last night after he thought he bricked trying to put on Summerboard manually. Froze at the Silver Apple screen. Had to hold the buttons for close to 45 secs but the "Recovery Mode Connect to iTunes" screen did come on.