Does restore delete music?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

surheeho

Jun 26, 2007
Was wondering if a restore / the new software update (modded iPhone) will result in me losing all the music I have on my iPhone. Anyone know?

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
not here i have everything even all my text messages i have are still there, i only lost a picture i had thats it
well I am assuming that all contact info and music and pictures etc.. Will all be synced once the restore is done and resync the phone.

Slap me silly and call me sally if im wrong.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
The restore will wipe everything that you did since you did the last sync. I just did a bunch of mods before i resynced and shall return when i have an answer of whether or not it got rid of my SMS and what not

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The restore will wipe everything that you did since you did the last sync. I just did a bunch of mods before i resynced and shall return when i have an answer of whether or not it got rid of my SMS and what not
To end this thread, YES in a restore you will lose EVERYTHING, from contacts to videos, to cookies, etc. A SYNC will literally bring back EVERYTHING from contacts, to videos, even your previous settings. I noticed that it didn't "reload" my email password, but I take that as a security measure since when we enter them in they get encoded.