Does summerboard drain battery?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I'm pretty sure summerboard is COMPLETELY owning my battery life... like, before i installed it.. i could use aim, ipod, camera, web,,, w/e and my battery lasted AGES. i charged it over night. listened to ipod, browsed the web, for the 30 minute bus ride, texted throughout the day at school... on and off.. listened to ipod and browsed web on bus ride home and had about 1:30 minutes usage and not even a nitch knocked off my battery...

but after summerboard... i have about half battery by the time i get on the bus... this pisses me off because i really love this program!

anyone else have this problem?

YES i have brightness turned down.. wifi off.. bluetooth off.. don't say all that common sense stuff

muckymucky

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
aye Bay~Bay~
the new versions of summerboard has the "keepwifion" feature that keeps your connection on in sleep mode. so that could be the drain, personally i haven't noticed the differnce because i turned wifi off... i don't know if it effects edge. but basicly my answer is: summerboard bypasses "shut-internet-connection-off" when its in sleep mode.

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
o... u no what.. i think that might be it.. because i always have wifi on after i install programs.. thanks! i'll see today throughout the day in school though to see if it actually drains battery when wifi's off.. thanks!

anyone else experiencethis with summerboard?

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
the new versions of summerboard has the "keepwifion" feature that keeps your connection on in sleep mode. so that could be the drain, personally i haven't noticed the differnce because i turned wifi off... i don't know if it effects edge. but basicly my answer is: summerboard bypasses "shut-internet-connection-off" when its in sleep mode.
Where do you see this? Looking at the Summerboard preferences, I don't see anything related to wi-fi.

H

Hayesimus

i don't know about any wifi involvement but i do know that summerboard is an app. meaning it is working against the iPhone to produce the illusion that the icons can be scrolled and what not. so that is where all the batter drain originates. i however haven't noticed any difference in my battery life. so i wouldn't think it would be an issue for you.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
With WIFI on my battery took a big hit. I normally turn WIFI off but the other day had it on and the battery didn't last long at all. Today WIFI is off again and battery seems to be lasting like normal.

WIFI does that normally anyways.