Does SwapTunes work on 1.1.3?

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Hi, all.:)
Probably the main reason I jailbreak my phone is to use SwapTunes because I need to sync between two computers.

After researching, it seemed most of third party apps work on 1.1.3 and having ZiPhone out to jailbreak 1.1.3, I decided to update 1.1.3 last night because of google map feature. after reinstalling third party apps and of course swaptunes and swap photos, I ran it, but it doesn't work :(

I know this has to do BSD subsystem, and I though BSD was fixed to work on 1.1.3. Is there a trick to make this work? or there is no fix for this app?

Thanks in advance.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Try SwapLibrary, it does both your photos and iTunes at once, rather than doing each one separately. It also works on 1.1.3 :)

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
thanks for quick reply. :)
but I don't see that in installer. can you direct me the source?

thank you again.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I don't think its on a source yet, check out the Native App launches forum over at modmyifone, it should be on the first or second page as well as being linked to in the SwapTunes thread also there.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
SwapLibrary is not working on my 1.1.3 phone. It copies the /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control directory structure to the temp one but then when it is supposed to rename it, it fails. I end up with an iTunes_Control, an iTunes_Control2 and an iTunes_Control_temp directories and the music is all sitting in the temp one not moving back and forth as it is supposed to be.
Did anyone get this to work on 1.1.3 completely?

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
swap library works on 1.1.3. they even have version for 1.1.3. maybe you have version for 1.1.2 or less.
by the way, thank you x666x for the info.

anyway, I don't have temp folder in my system and if u are sure that you have the version for 1.1.3, I suggest you to delete the folder and resync it, then run it.

good luck:)

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I have the correct version for 1.1.3 off ModmyiPhone. The problem on my phone is in the below steps. It moves the current iTunes_Control over to the temp folder it creates. It then moves (renames) iTunes_Control_2 to iTunes_Control but then it leaves the temp sitting there with all my music and other files in it. It does not move the temp to Control_2 so it never finishes swapping the music over.

mv /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control_temp
mv /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control_2 /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control
mv /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control_temp /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control_2 <--Fails

I wonder if it is a permissions type issue on the iTunes_Control_2 folder that it creates, maybe blocking the renaming of the temp folder. I think I will have to use Terminal and do these steps one at a time and see what errors I get if any.

From your note and others, it appears to be working for other people so the problem must be with my phone.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Not sure what happened but I ran it through terminal and it worked fine. I reinstalled SwapLibrary and set the permissions on the sh file and tried it again. Worked perfectly for both the images and the music/video.