Does the 3G S come with a screen protector on it?

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
I can't tell if there is already a screen protector on....I obviously took off the plastic when i first got it...is there another piece underneath that original piece of plastic or am i seeing things?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I believe that there is another piece of plastic specifically over the screen. If there are no bubbles, you can leave it on as it won't hurt anything and it could offer a very small amount of protection, but to answer your question, no. The iPhone does not come with a screen protector.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
I believe that there is another piece of plastic specifically over the screen. If there are no bubbles, you can leave it on as it won't hurt anything and it could offer a very small amount of protection, but to answer your question, no. The iPhone does not come with a screen protector.
Well i bought a screen protector so i don't know if i should take this other piece off or just leave it on....well depending on if its really there or not...i tried "digging" for it with my finger nail, but i can't pull anything up...but it definitely looks like there's something there!?!?!?!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
That would be the new screen coating probably, but it should be crystal clear. If it was factory plastic, there would be a tab in one of the corners that you use to pull it off with.

And if it is factory plastic and you have a screen protector, go ahead and take it off and put the screen protector on.

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
Umm, no there's no extra screen protector on the 3GS out of the box. I'd stop picking at the screen right away unless you want to damage something.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
That would be the new screen coating probably, but it should be crystal clear. If it was factory plastic, there would be a tab in one of the corners that you use to pull it off with.

And if it is factory plastic and you have a screen protector, go ahead and take it off and put the screen protector on.
Its definitely not the factory plastic...i def took that off...i'll assume its the new screen coating...thanks for the info.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
yup just the new screen coating after you take the full plastic piece off thats it protecting it.

tadaw07

Bronze
Jun 26, 2009
yeah mine came with a screen protector on it... cause i bought protectors and put it on then i saw a lot of air bubbles.. took the one i bought off and still saw air bubbles...then i started picking and saw that there was a film over it...