Does the 4S have some sort of shock alert?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by MuddyPaws, Dec 6, 2011.

1. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Had a accident with the phone today. Long story but got on the on ramp of the highway with the phone on the hood of the car.:eek:

I noticed it sliding across the hood as I made the turn to merge...going about 50mph. Couldn't get it stopped and the phone flew off the hood. I stopped to go look for it, figuring no way because it was dark but the phone was making the sound for an incoming text and the screen was flashing white and then black with a Apple logo....like the boot screen.

The phone was non responsive in that state but after doing a hard reset it works fine and seems to have no damage. Can't say the same for the OtterBox.:p Broke the plastic inside case part and ripped the rubber part on the outside but it did the job and not a scratch on the phone.

Wondering if there is some hidden feature I didn't catch.....like a "You dropped me and here I am" feature because that's what it seemed like. I had a Garmin handheld GPS that had a feature like that. It would beep but not flash.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Sounds like a malfunction and you got lucky.

3. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Well...we'll see how lucky I am after a few days. See if it fails. It synced and is charging. So far so good. Took the drop about 8pm tonight.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, best of luck with it. I've never had a serious iPhone drop, and I hope it stays that way. Of course, I probably just jinxed myself.

5. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I think the old style otterbox would have stuck and not slid due the different rubber....but then again it probably would have sat there till I was going 80 and then the wind would have blown it off and it would have been worse.

Up till now I haven't had a bad drop or a water dunk yet but I did run one over with my Jeep. No damage on that one.

6. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

mybe it's Siri crying out for help:)

7. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

hahahahahahahahahaha

"Tim, you seem to have thrown me into a field."

8. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Nearly did the sort of same thing. Was on my motorcycle and noticed it about to fall off of my lap. Only has a cleave deff Japan metal bumper on it too. Lucky!

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

On the on ramp of a highway, the phone flew off the hood of your car while doing 50mph? Did you get off your car and walk back to the place where the phone fell to retrieve it? In the dark? No fear for your own safety? Or were you wearing an OtterBox as well? You are a brave person! <clap>

10. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Actually yes. But I don't live in Miami. I only had one or 2 cars pass me while I was looking for the phone. I was in Miami over the summer....you can keep that traffic.