Does the incase really scratch the chrome?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

808flip

Jul 23, 2007
ive been looking for a good case for my iPhone and the incase is one if the one I wasthinking about getting because it seems to keep the sleekness of the phone pretty well. For those of you who actually hve it, does it really scratch the chrome? I have no scraches so far from keeping the phone naked in my pocket but I'm concerned about dropping it. Suggestions? Help?

stewsan

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
I've had the incase for a couple of weeks and no scratches but it's really stretching out. I like the case as it, well used to, fit tight and helped protect it without being bulky. I have a thin silicon slip on skin for my Blackberry that I like but haven't seen anything available like it for the iPhone.

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Had mine for about 6 days and it left little scratches all over the chrome..took it off and had to polish the scratches out using Icleaner.

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
I had the incase on my iPhone for a week or so, and yes it left little scratches from dirt and lint getting underneath the case and scratching the chrome. So I took it off and now use the bestskinsever.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Mine hasn't scratched the chrome bezel at all. But my boss took his to the beach and came back with a bunch of scratches. So, it really just depends on where you use it, I guess. I run by finger under the lip to wipe away any scratch-inducing debris that may have collected there.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Mine has scratches on the bezel as well. I did have it at the shore for a week, but only one the physical beach once. I guess some salty air and/or sand got under the lip and scratched the bezel. I was going to try to order a new bezel from iFixit when they come in, but maybe iCleaner is a better option.

Joe

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
yes your suppose to completely make sure no lint or dust is in because once you put it on and if stuff r stuck inbetween it suppose to kinda dmg it other then that it does also loosen up if u take it off and on...:oops:

motuser

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
No scratches on the chrome for me, but I carry the iPhone with incase inside another magnetic flap (yes, magnets) case clipped to my belt.

mullman

Jul 18, 2007
Been using one for about a month now, no scratches. The inside of the case is acutally really soft like felt. Its a very good quality case.
Scratched mine up.

I taped the screen and converted the shiney chrome bezel to a brushed look, so no more worrying about it. IMHO it looks better, less bling.
But then I also moved to an Orbino case to, which is awesome.