Does the iPhone currently ship with firmware 1.1.1 ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
i was planning on buying an iPhone 3 days ago...but as unlucky as i am Apple decided to release the 1.1.1 update that completely detroys a man's dreams of buying an iPhone..now the question is does the iPhone currently ship with firmware 1.1.1 ? if not which firmware version does it ship with ? is it 1.0.2 ? if it ships with an earlier firmware version is there a way of updating it to 1.0.2 in order to unlock it ? Thanks

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
to buy or not to buy

one more question...yo patrick do u think the online Apple store sells the iPhone with the 1.1.1 firmware ? or do u think they are still selling their older stocks ?

VicF

Sep 30, 2007
i was planning on buying an iPhone 3 days ago...but as unlucky as i am Apple decided to release the 1.1.1 update that completely detroys a man's dreams of buying an iPhone..now the question is does the iPhone currently ship with firmware 1.1.1 ? if not which firmware version does it ship with ? is it 1.0.2 ? if it ships with an earlier firmware version is there a way of updating it to 1.0.2 in order to unlock it ? Thanks
I just bought a new iPhone yesterday (Sept 29) from a retail Apple Store. It shipped with 1.0.2.

Vic

ChaosAttractor

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
I have also now heard at least one report of being able to "upgrade" iPhones that already have 1.1.1 to 1.0.2.

--
Mike
your use of "upgrade" made me do a double take ;)

i've been lurking on these boards for awhile. i take it that you have managed to successfuly transform your brick back to its original pristine condition. if so, congrats. as for me, i think i'm gonna wait it out until someone cracks 1.1.1. it's just too much trouble.

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
see yes my only worry is the one that ships from the online Apple store
because i just ordered one today since i live outside the U.S
hope it ships with the 1.0.2 firmware...

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
one more question...yo patrick do u think the online Apple store sells the iPhone with the 1.1.1 firmware ? or do u think they are still selling their older stocks ?
As far as Apple stores go, it's a matter of luck. I got a phone yesterday with 1.0.2 on it. You can downgrade to 1.1.1 at the moment, but you won't be able to unlock it because there's no way to downgrade the baseband yet. If you are using AT&T, this might be fine, but if you want to use it with T-Mobile, you won't be able to yet.

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
As far as Apple stores go, it's a matter of luck. I got a phone yesterday with 1.0.2 on it. You can downgrade to 1.1.1 at the moment, but you won't be able to unlock it because there's no way to downgrade the baseband yet. If you are using AT&T, this might be fine, but if you want to use it with T-Mobile, you won't be able to yet.
fingers crossed, hope it arrives with the 1.0.2 firmware

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
your use of "upgrade" made me do a double take ;)

i've been lurking on these boards for awhile. i take it that you have managed to successfuly transform your brick back to its original pristine condition. if so, congrats. as for me, i think i'm gonna wait it out until someone cracks 1.1.1. it's just too much trouble.
yes I was able to get back to 1.0.2 and was thrilled to be able to do it. Still have the newer baseband but since my phone was never unlocked I'm not too concerned about it (though I expect to see a baseband downgrader soon enough).

Oh, and after suffering with 1.1.1 (even that number looks like a joke) for a few days going back to 1.0.2 did indeed seem like an upgrade! ;)

--
Mike