Does the iPhone have a 300 recharge cycle battery?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

markw10

Jul 9, 2007
Someone showed me a review today that shows the iPhone just can be charged 300 times. Is that true? I'm hoping to have iPhone 2.0 within a year but this just doesn't sound nice. I know the replacement is $85 and it's not user replaceable but that sure is a short battery life. I know with most battery technology they often last 2-3 years.
What is the best way to get maximum battery life? The guy that showed me the review just runs his battery down each time and often goes over 2 days between charges but I charge mine nightly and this is important to me since I want to be able to sync it daily. Most of all, is there any truth or this or estimates? I know maybe we'll only know in a year when we see how battery life is or how much it's shortened.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Someone showed me a review today that shows the iPhone just can be charged 300 times. Is that true? I'm hoping to have iPhone 2.0 within a year but this just doesn't sound nice. I know the replacement is $85 and it's not user replaceable but that sure is a short battery life. I know with most battery technology they often last 2-3 years.
What is the best way to get maximum battery life? The guy that showed me the review just runs his battery down each time and often goes over 2 days between charges but I charge mine nightly and this is important to me since I want to be able to sync it daily. Most of all, is there any truth or this or estimates? I know maybe we'll only know in a year when we see how battery life is or how much it's shortened.
Even though no-one has gotten to that many charge cycles to know exactly how long the battery will last you can still expect to get 2 or even 3 years of battery life. Even at this point your battery will still hold a charge, just not like it was when it was new.

Apples estimates are overly conservative and a charge cycle denotes a FULL charge. If you are only draining the battery 50% and recharge at that point you have consumed half a charge. So using that math the number of charges jumps to 600.

I'm not that worried about it, if the phone doesn't last a full day anymore i'll send it in. Also $79 isn't that bad of a fee. Most cell phone batteries are around $50 anyway.

Hopefully Apple will offer the option (or even include) a new back for the phone as it would be nice to get back a unit that was refreshed a bit externally also!