Does the iPhone have a camera?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
cool, awesome im so putting my name on the waiting list
Careful, you'll provoke the anti-wait list posters on this forum.

And there isn't a wait list.
What people are talking about it something some stores are doing for one reason or another.
Either to keep customers happy and to stop them asking questions, or as a general number of how many iPhones they will need.

kashbo25

Bronze
May 24, 2007
West Palm Beach Florida
Careful, you'll provoke the anti-wait list posters on this forum.

And there isn't a wait list.
What people are talking about it something some stores are doing for one reason or another.
Either to keep customers happy and to stop them asking questions, or as a general number of how many iPhones they will need.
oh ok I didn't know that. but its true that only corporate stores are getting them

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Is there a camera on the iPhone, I didn't get a glipse of it on the back,
You definitely need to check out the MacWorld keynote. You can watch it on Apple's site or get the podcast to watch later. After someone recommended getting the podcast I'm glad I did. It's much better quality than the web stream.

My only beef with the camera is it's pointed away from the speaker. I wish their was an option on iPhone to have an iChat like camera like we have on the current laptops and iMacs for video chatting (with a headphone of course). Oh well, my current phone doesn't have a camera at all (been waiting for something like the iPhone when my contract was up for renewal).

Maybe a future version will have iChat and an iSight camera. Guess they are waiting to see how it sells before adding something like that.

Jun 13, 2007
isights

Hmm.. if the iSights on the labtops are small enough to fit into the top of the macbooks.... I wonder if... Apple out them in the iPhones too, that would be cool... Maybe instead of flash.. they have lighting compensation... but damn are you sure theres no video?

May 31, 2007
I'm pretty excited about the camera. I notice that even though my treo 680 has less pixels it takes higher quality photos than some of the other cameras. 2MP will actually be usable for recording the moments when you find that perfect fin on the back of a honda or the cyclist hauling a kayak or something.

So yes it will have a camera and I'm sure that it will be a relatively high quality one as well.

May 31, 2007
new polaroid

All these kinds of cameras do is replace the old school
polaroid ( cold hemaroid ) think of it as a nice extra feature.
Beam me up!

Jun 2, 2007
My only beef with the camera is it's pointed away from the speaker. I wish their was an option on iPhone to have an iChat like camera like we have on the current laptops and iMacs for video chatting (with a headphone of course). Oh well, my current phone doesn't have a camera at all (been waiting for something like the iPhone when my contract was up for renewal).

Maybe a future version will have iChat and an iSight camera. Guess they are waiting to see how it sells before adding something like that.

Nextgen. NExtgen. NEXtgen. NEXTgen. NEXTGen. NEXTGEn. NEXTGEN.
Duh.
Three months.
Watch.

Jun 2, 2007
exactly. among others, there will be a frontal camera in addition to the camera on the back. Ive seen patent drawings.. i work at the office in california

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
wouldn't video also just be a firmware/software update away...i mean it does already have the built in camera in it...and that seems to me to be the hard part.

Jun 2, 2007
wouldn't video also just be a firmware/software update away...i mean it does already have the built in camera in it...and that seems to me to be the hard part.

not necessarily.. it has to have a chip for it. For example, you cant just have a firmware update for the nano and be able to play zuma or bejeweled, because it didn't have the video chip in the first place.