Does the iPhone support MMS yet with iPhone 3.0 software?

msykes39

Apr 20, 2009
It's disappointing that you cannot send MMS on the iPhone. What about version 3.0 software? Can you send a photo from your iPhone using MMS with the update?

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
via email or through MMS if your running 3.0 beta

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
This will officially be supported in the Summer when the 3.0 is released!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm trying to remain calm about the new release(s) i really hope MMS works as it should!

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Im sure it will, MMS works for me now on Beat 3 on o2 uk, so when its 'officially' released, i cant see it not working

primsa

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Rockford Il.
Pick the photo to send then pick the lower left icon. The e-mail option is there.

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
MMS on beta 3 doesn't work. When I upgraded to beta 3 version 2.0 build I was able to send and receive a photo once through MMS and then when I updated to beta 3 version 3.0 I have not been able to use MMS at all. I really hope that when the offical 3.0 comes out in the summer the MMS is fully functional.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
MMS on beta 3 doesn't work. When I upgraded to beta 3 version 2.0 build I was able to send and receive a photo once through MMS and then when I updated to beta 3 version 3.0 I have not been able to use MMS at all. I really hope that when the offical 3.0 comes out in the summer the MMS is fully functional.
Yes it does work, it works perfectly well to send pictures, contacts, and videos received. You must have either set it up incorrectly or been unlucky and had it switched off from ATT or O2's side.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
Wait...did you say MMS is coming to the iPhone:eek:
-Nuh uh hehe that sounds too good to be true;)

...Are you serious...nah your just pulling my leg hehe...hehe nah i must be hearing things
I'm kind of surprised you of all people didn't know about MMS. Sadly it's only for the 3G iPhone (not the 1st gen). Good thing ive got a 3g :)
There are only a few things missing that will make my iPhone have same basics as my old sony ericsson. WHy hasn't Apple figured this out. Hopefully they will take my enhanceent request into consideration and put in 3.0 or the version after that.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I'm kind of surprised you of all people didn't know about MMS. Sadly it's only for the 3G iPhone (not the 1st gen). Good thing ive got a 3g :)
There are only a few things missing that will make my iPhone have same basics as my old sony ericsson. WHy hasn't Apple figured this out. Hopefully they will take my enhanceent request into consideration and put in 3.0 or the version after that.
Haha yeah Im just now getting back into the loop;)
-Sucks its only for 3G iPhones but I guess Apple would do that to keep the focus on the newer units:cool:

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
My 3.0 beta is setup correctly, I've run into at least 20+ people with the same issue. I live in Chicago and those who also can't use the MMS live in the Chicago land area so I'm wondering if it's just not working in this area.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
I have never had it, on any of my old smart phones, but an looking forward to getting it in June..