Does the iPod function ever irritate you

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I think the only thing that legitimately bugs me about the phone is that when im listening to music while doing somethign else, i have to first click the sleep/wake button, and then slide my finger across, and then chose another song.

maybe theres a shortcut i haven't heard about, but if not, doesn't this seem a bit absurd to anyone? I'd much rather the side buttons control track advance than volume, which i usually don't need to change once I start listening.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I think the only thing that legitimately bugs me about the phone is that when im listening to music while doing somethign else, i have to first click the sleep/wake button, and then slide my finger across, and then chose another song.

maybe theres a shortcut i haven't heard about, but if not, doesn't this seem a bit absurd to anyone? I'd much rather the side buttons control track advance than volume, which i usually don't need to change once I start listening.

If you doubleclick your headphone button it advances the song.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC

I agree although its not to the point that it really bothers me...what I would like is something like click three times on the headphone clicker the go back a song...

The one thing that really was bothering me yesterday was how when I was listening to music and browsing at the same time after a little while the song just turns off...

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, it's a well documented problem that surfing the web and listening to music causes the iPod to crash. It happens all the time. Heck, I surf a lot on my iPhone and I even crash Safari a couple of times a day by just hitting various sites, zooming in, submitting forums, etc.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me

im not sure if this will help but to change/choose a different song when you are listening to music and doing something else all you have to do is hit the home button and then tap the ipod widget

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
im not sure if this will help but to change/choose a different song when you are listening to music and doing something else all you have to do is hit the home button and then tap the ipod widget
well I meant more when I'm at the gym or just relaxing andlistening with thephone screen off to save battery.

I also do not use the stock headphones so I have nothing to double click

Actually I'm very thankful for the speaker. I love talking to others when I am in a private setting on speaker phone because I have my hands free to do other things and last night I took a solitary walk after supper at a friends house and I just listened to a podcast via the speaker.

I do wish we had the option of having the screen go blank but disabling the "slide to unlock" feature when we wanted to. I do understand it's there to keep button from accidentally being press but they are times when that is not a problem.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i really hope they take away the slide button, we already have a lock button, and besides nothign works withouth using your hand so if you have it in your pocket, nothing would press any buttons

the speaker may not be loud, but the headset mode is loud as hell, many times i almost popped my eardrum many tiems by accidentally put the volume to high
but you gotta admit, the ipod function on a phone is quite amazing.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Yeah, it's a well documented problem that surfing the web and listening to music causes the iPod to crash. It happens all the time. Heck, I surf a lot on my iPhone and I even crash Safari a couple of times a day by just hitting various sites, zooming in, submitting forums, etc.
I experienced this for the first time last night. I was on a website that was trying to show a series of high res pictures of a concept car and it was the first time the iPod stopped playing and then it acted sluggish for a few seconds.

I'm sure this is high on the list of bugs for Apple.