Does the LifeProof fre fit flush?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Irish76

Bronze
Jun 22, 2012
I've been reviewing all the info I can for gym/general use. It looks the screen protector doesn't fit flush against the iPhone 5 . Is this true? Total deal breaker if it is.

Sent using iCafe app

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I've been reviewing all the info I can for gym/general use. It looks the screen protector doesn't fit flush against the iPhone 5 . Is this true? Total deal breaker if it is.

Sent using iCafe app
It is unfortunately true. It does sit around 1-2mm from the screen and creates a "pillow" in some cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
They do have the new nüüd case for the iPhone & Galaxy S3. No screen protector... Just the beautiful bare glass of the device. They do include a scratch protector cut specifically for that case, if you want to protect the glass.

Irish76

Bronze
Jun 22, 2012
At $90 or so for the nuud, I would almost be tempted to buy a used or refurb Nano 7g for gym. I had been thinking about it anyway.

Thanks for all of the help.

Sent using iCafe app

Irish76

Bronze
Jun 22, 2012
I think it would meet my needs, with less bulk, while at the gym for near the same price.

Sent using iCafe app

Irish76

Bronze
Jun 22, 2012
I was thinking in terms of the Nano 7 g. The more I think about, I really don't want to risk damage to the iPhone, case or not, with weights at the gym.

Sent using iCafe app

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Mine sits flush With the screen. My case I got back in February didn't sit flush but after a week it sat flush. And with my new case after a warranty replacement sits flush from the get go.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Is this due to a design change?

Sent using iCafe app
Lifeproof makes many "revisions" and improvements to its cases throughout the cases life. So if you get a case on the first day it's out, and if you get a case 5 months later, the 5 month later case will be better. The cases look exactly the same.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Lifeproof makes many "revisions" and improvements to its cases throughout the cases life. So if you get a case on the first day it's out, and if you get a case 5 months later, the 5 month later case will be better. The cases look exactly the same.
I can rebut this statement. I got the 1st gen iPhone 4 case. When I got a replacement, think 3rd gen, the design had changed. It than and now has nubs above and below the vol buttons and vibrate switch that weren't there when the first gen came out.

I just hope any design changes to the Nuud aren't that noticeable.

Sent using iCafe app

dkhmwilliams

Bronze
May 10, 2013
Mine sits flush With the screen. My case I got back in February didn't sit flush but after a week it sat flush. And with my new case after a warranty replacement sits flush from the get go.
Your case sat flush after a week?i hope this is true. This is the only thing that I don't like about the case. Either way I'm going to deal with it because I like all of the other things that this case does.

Sent using iCafe app

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
I can rebut this statement. I got the 1st gen iPhone 4 case. When I got a replacement, think 3rd gen, the design had changed. It than and now has nubs above and below the vol buttons and vibrate switch that weren't there when the first gen came out.

I just hope any design changes to the Nuud aren't that noticeable.

Sent using iCafe app
I think the statement may be referring to the Fre as that is what the thread is about, and not the 4.
I have had 4 Fre cases and they look identical from the outside, the changes were made on the inside.