Does the paint on the back cover chip easily?

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Hello,

I have noticed that the paint of the back cover chipped in one place. It is small, the size of of a grain of sugar or maybe a little bigger. I don't know how that happened but am wondering if it chips easily. Do you have that problem? Thanks.

-Bohs

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
nothing chipped on mine

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
You scratched it.

AquaHump

Jul 30, 2007
DE
Quick! Call the iPhone police and have him thrown in iJail for abuse.:laugh2:

jthhtj

Aug 17, 2007
Baltimore
I have several scratches on mine just from normal use. I did drop it once and there's a little dent in the upper left side, near the ringer/silence toggle.

I sent it out today for some dead pixels, so hopefully I get a new one with no scratches and hopefully the scratches don't make Apple change their mind about replacing it.

sunshineprincess

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
Hello,

I have noticed that the paint of the back cover chipped in one place. It is small, the size of of a grain of sugar or maybe a little bigger. I don't know how that happened but am wondering if it chips easily. Do you have that problem? Thanks.

-Bohs
i bought a incase rubber case. dropped it once, no damage. ha!

Aug 16, 2007
Queens, NY
I just got here -- what's the consensus (or is there one) on case usage? Is it really worth preventing chips like this one?

I've had a case on my iPod Photo (you know it) and its air holes collect dirt and the screen is scratched on the corners from the plastic protector.

If I get a case, it can't double the size of the thing or make it stick in pockets (rubber sleeves do that!). To how much scratching would a naked iPhone be subject, you think?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I recommend getting a skin on your phone at the very least. I use the Invisible Shield skin and it protects against most incidental drops that don't directly hit the screen.