Does the speaker in your phone buzz?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 5, 2007
The sound of my phone is often distorted or sounds like the speaker is loose. I notice it when listening to the # I'm calling ring or on about 50% of calls. Reducing the volume does not help until it is too low to hear. Any one disappoined with the sound of the phone?

Thanks
BB

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
I haven't experienced that myself... is there an Apple store near you, where you could have them take a look at it?

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
If you are talking about the speaker on top of the screen then I know what you are talking about. I had this problem with two phones straight out of the box. I took them back to the Apple store and they gave me new ones right away. It is probably the thin membrane on top of the speaker (inside - you can't see it) that is loose or has a whole and gives a buzz at high output/volume. Take it back and they should replace.

-Bohs

Aug 5, 2007
If you are talking about the speaker on top of the screen then I know what you are talking about. I had this problem with two phones straight out of the box. I took them back to the Apple store and they gave me new ones right away. It is probably the thin membrane on top of the speaker (inside - you can't see it) that is loose or has a whole and gives a buzz at high output/volume. Take it back and they should replace.

-Bohs
thanks, I was wondering if it was a defect or a common thing..I'll try the store

Bb