Does this bother anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Europa, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm OCD and it bothers me that the album art on the iPhone 5 is misaligned. I'm surprised Apple has let this slide for more than three months. The pink area shows the empty space at the top and how it shifts down into the slide to unlock area.
    s.jpg

I don't see how it could be that difficult to format it so it fits. And if not, they they could at least give us a SnowCover-type customization option like the one below. But Apple's hellbent on not allowing any customization and blocking new jailbreaks that would allow it, so we are left with a lockscreen (above image) that looks like one that a newbie themer made.
    ss.jpg

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Does bother me so I stopped looking at it on my lock screen.
    Another OCD thing that bugs me is that they change things that have always been one way and now they aren't.
    Example when you are in your settings and go and do something. Use task manager to go to another thing then go back into settings you are all the way at the beginning again. Drives me nuts. So I checked it on the old phone. Granted it isn't in ios6 and it stays where you are. I thought I was crazy and remembering things wrong.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Thanks, Rugaby, Your reply saves me the trouble of replying to prevent another fail thread.

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I would never leave Mindi hanging in solo OCD land. :)

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Ha! I love your sense of humor. (y)
    I bet you would have demanded replies and threatened bans just to save my thread. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I was ready to swagger in here and demand replies or go on an indiscriminate banning frenzy.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I think I have been out-OCD'd for the first time in a long time. I hadn't noticed this before, Europa. That's extremely observant of you... The lock screen with the misaligned album cover art remains onscreen for only eight seconds if left undisturbed, and only slightly less than a full second (including the time it takes to input a four-digit passcode) if you Slide to Unlock!

I do agree wholeheartedly that it falls short of Apple's usual attention to detail, like when you activate Do Not Disturb and the moon slowly waxes into a crescent instead of popping abruptly into view. While I give them credit for the animation, they should have consulted someone knowledgeable in the topic, or at least Wikipedia, because the animation is scientifically inaccurate. In a waxing crescent, which is the scenario depicted in the animation, it should be the right side (as seen from the Earth) of the moon that's illuminated, not the left side as displayed in the icon.

Perhaps we should email Mr. Cook with our grievances...

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I never look at album art, I just listen to the music.

Sent using iCafe app

9. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

same here i always use my ears for music and my eyes for videos. so i really don't see what the issue is.

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I don't think there's an issue, I think is more OCD than anything LOL but to each their own :)

Sent using iCafe app

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I wouldn't say it's an issue. It's just misaligned and looks bad if you pay attention to detail. I think it irritates me in particular because Apple goes to extreme measures to prevent jailbreaking and theming and we are left with something that doesn't even look professional.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I could tell you stories...

13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Never?

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1357359147.167207.jpg

14. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i totally agree with you on this. Apple folks pay a premium and should complain whenever their is an issue this bad. if it only had 1 small glitch that would be acceptable but 2 pretty big glitches c'mom now Apple fix this. it can't be that hard.

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

How do you know it's a glitch and not a design meant to be just as it is?

Sent using iCafe app

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not technically a glitch. I think they just didn't bother changing the spacing for the new screen size so it's properly aligned with the rectangular transparent image file that's behind the lockscreen clock. The album art was flush with the center of the lockclock bar (behind the clock) on all of the previous models of the iPhone.