Does this look familiar?

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
Garmin's no joke when it comes to GPS.
but will it be a joke when it comes to (smart)phones.... i mean its a nice looking phone and im sure the gps will be awesome BUT the ui looks a bit childish...

to me the Garmin UI is very Fisher Price-esque...maybe if it had a better UI i'd look into it...but i have an iPhone and plan to have iPhone v2 and once v2 is released NOBODY will survive in the cell phone industry(especially IF it has built in GPS/Navigation)

on another note... in my opinion all of us early adapters are just Beta testers

Last edited by a moderator:
I already get that Decline/Answer screen when I pair up my Nuvi 680 with my iPhone. The only thing that don't show is the picture, but the caller ID shows up. I already have the best combination there is, iPhone/Nuvi GPS.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I already get that Decline/Answer screen when I pair up my Nuvi 680 with my iPhone. The only thing that don't show is the picture, but the caller ID shows up. I already have the best combination there is, iPhone/Nuvi GPS.
Good to know. I was wondering how the iPhone worked with the bluetooth gps devices.:)

Good to know. I was wondering how the iPhone worked with the bluetooth gps devices.:)
The iPhone pairs up perfectly for iPHones running firmware 1.1.2 and below. Apple changed something in 1.1.3 and the iPhone disconnects from the Nuvi every 30 seconds or so. Even some headsets are having problems connecting. This is one time I am glad I have two iPhones because one is staying at 1.1.2 for this reason alone till the problem is fixed.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
but will it be a joke when it comes to (smart)phones.... i mean its a nice looking phone and im sure the gps will be awesome BUT the ui looks a bit childish...

to me the Garmin UI is very Fisher Price-esque...maybe if it had a better UI i'd look into it...but i have an iPhone and plan to have iPhone v2 and once v2 is released NOBODY will survive in the cell phone industry(especially IF it has built in GPS/Navigation)

on another note... in my opinion all of us early adapters are just Beta testers
Those top pictures look very similar.. in the sense that the right copies the left.

- John

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The iPhone pairs up perfectly for iPHones running firmware 1.1.2 and below. Apple changed something in 1.1.3 and the iPhone disconnects from the Nuvi every 30 seconds or so. Even some headsets are having problems connecting. This is one time I am glad I have two iPhones because one is staying at 1.1.2 for this reason alone till the problem is fixed.
Well at least that gives us something else to look forward to in 1.1.4. BTW, my Apple headset works perfectly with 1.1.3.