Does Touch ID need to be enabled to use Apple Pay?

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
Apple Pay worked, but its not any easier than swiping. Still have to confirm total and sign for it. Unless I did something wrong.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Apple Pay worked, but its not any easier than swiping. Still have to confirm total and sign for it. Unless I did something wrong.
I just used it at Duane Reade (Walgreens) and I didn't have to sign for anything. I held up the phone and confirmed the total and approval with Touch ID.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
That could be the least of your problems..

You card can be captured as it's scanned.. Otherwise known as a 'skimmer' or 'skimming'..

Also, look at all the store credit card databases getting hacked recently..

Another scenario is when you hand your card over to a waitress or a waiter and they go somewhere other than right in front of you to scan it. This is a golden opportunity to copy your card info..

Apple Pay will and should eliminate all of these scenarios..

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
That could be the least of your problems..

You card can be captured as it's scanned.. Otherwise known as a 'skimmer' or 'skimming'..

Also, look at all the store credit card databases getting hacked recently..

Another scenario is when you hand your card over to a waitress or a waiter and they go somewhere other than right in front of you to scan it. This is a golden opportunity to copy your card info..

Apple Pay will and should eliminate all of these scenarios..
I sure hope you're right.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I went through my cards tonight and only the Capital One supported Apple Pay. There was an extra step in downloading Capital One Wallet from the App Store. I really would like to see more support for banks and financial institutions.