Does your home button make audible clicking sound?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Zanthe, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Seems to me my home button makes an unusual audible "click". Is this normal? Sometimes if I push the home button on the side it's almost silent. A normal press in the center produces a louder "click". Don't remember this on my iP5 but then could just be me being paranoid.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes. My iPhone 6 makes the click. I noticed it right off the bat since I was used to my 5s and it doesn't make that sound. However, my 5 did make the same clicking sound that my 6 makes. It's normal, though not consistent on every iPhone. I had no problems with functionality on any of them.

3. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

I just checked mine and it does the exact thing you're saying. I've never thought of it as a flaw, I think it's part of the design. Had you not said anything I probably would have never noticed. I'm pretty sure my 5 did this too

Sent using iCafe app

4. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

OK...thanks. I guess not to worry.

I have AppleCare+...so got it covered just in case.

5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Mine also does it. I don't remember any clicking sound on my iP5. If I had to guess, I'd say it is because of the recessed home button and the way Apple designed it. I wouldn't really worry about it unless your home button becomes defective.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My guess is it would be normal. Maybe not? I mean you are clicking a button.

7. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

I think he means the home button is a little bit loose.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

8. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

No loose just makes the clicks by sound. Hadn't experienced that with iP5. Seems it's not an issue though.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

To be honest I can't recall on my iPhone 5 haha. Too long ago. :p

10. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

My iPhone home button is loose and the phone is bent. I don't know how and when I did that but I'm ok with it. Not obssessed

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The iPhone 6 is sadly known to bend. It's known as bendgate.

12. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Wait, isn't it only the 6+ that bends and not the 6? The bending is still a weird issue that Apple is not confirmed.

13. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

Yeah, the bending phone videos are everywhere on the YouTube. But I can leave with it my previous Sony Xperia bent as well. I think it's hard not to keep such a big phone unbent.

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I just read that one of the two bends less than the other. Not sure. I don't pay much attention to it as I don't notice it. :)

Back on topic, the clicking doesn't really bother me. I didn't think much of it.

15. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

If you're going to put the phone in your back pocket and sit on it for a long time, it's going to bend. The bending issue only seems to affect a small fraction of people. I keep my phone in my front pocket and wallet too. It's harder to get robbed and have your identity stolen.

16. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

How big is your wallet? I've ordered a metal case at Amazon and when the case arrives I'm gonna bend the phone back and put it into the case.

17. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I have a pretty thick wallet because I like to shove as much as I can into it. I've been trying to slim down but it's not working. I had a Skinny wallet before but that was too thin so looking for a good balance.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, they all bend...even the 5/5s. Consumer reports did some controlled tests after Bendgate went viral and the casing for the HTC One M8 actually requires the least amount of force for the case to separate. The iPhone 6 is next and then the Plus. The Plus takes ten more pounds of force than the 6.

19. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

Yeah many phones bend. The bendgate is because the iPhone is too popular and draws more attentions.

Sent from Tapatalk

20. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Granted, they are going to bend under heavy stress. I haven't read any of the reports but if the phones are bending, it is because of a great amount of force. Most users are not going to encounter this problem. I'd venture to say that the issue is not alarming as the majority of people that are affected by this is very few.