Does your iPhone 5 run hot?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm not watching videos, gaming or anything major -- seems to run hotter than I remember of the 4S. For example, I'm syncing right now and the phone is noticeably warm.

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
Yeah, same here. I just felt mine and it seems significantly cooler than my razr maxx by far. Especially considering I'm using it while it's charging. My razr maxx would've burned a hole in someone's head.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm not watching videos, gaming or anything major -- seems to run hotter than I remember of the 4S. For example, I'm syncing right now and the phone is noticeably warm.
The band got very hot earlier, was just browsing while charging, not the back of the phone thou, that was just a bit warm.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
chris mine was running a little warmer, but nothing to really alarm anyone. The metal band going around the outside was were I noticed it, not so much anywhere else on the phone. Was only happening when charging and using it(browsing, twitter, facebook, etc.) like Bennyboy was experiencing.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
chris mine was running a little warmer, but nothing to really alarm anyone. The metal band going around the outside was were I noticed it, not so much anywhere else on the phone. Was only happening when charging and using it(browsing, twitter, facebook, etc.) like Bennyboy was experiencing.
I felt warned in my hand but when I touched the back I didn't feel anything, I was very surprised to feel it on the band. Is I use the phone while is not charging I don't feel anything. That's good.

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
I haven't noticed an increase warmth with normal usage, but I did notice it warmer when syncing like yourself.

It was nothing uncomfortable so I doubt it will have an affect on the battery and since it's only happening when I sync or charge I don't mind it.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I haven't noticed an increase warmth with normal usage, but I did notice it warmer when syncing like yourself.

It was nothing uncomfortable so I doubt it will have an affect on the battery and since it's only happening when I sync or charge I don't mind it.
Speaking of battery, its great on the iPhone5, nothing like what we saw when we got the 4S. On standby I saw no drop in percentage and I got 6 1/2 on a full change yesterday.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Mine does too, but only near the charge port when plugged in...