Does your Phone do this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PARADA6

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Today I accidentally grabbed the left side of the black backing and I actually pushed it in a little bit. To make it clear, it's the area I circled in red in the picture. When I push it it goes in a little bit and comes out itself. The casing is perfect by just looking at it and I never drop the phone.

Is this happen to your phone as well or it's just mine?

Last edited by a moderator:

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Yep. I have the same squishy plastic at the same point. It is a little disconcerting when it happens that I push that spot - but I have noticed no shape change of the plastic. So - I have not been worried about it.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Doctor, when I try to put my leg over my head, it hurts.
Doctor says, "Don't put your leg over your head."

:laugh2:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
It's already been mentioned that as part of the design that this part of the phone is plastic to allow for better reception for the phone's antenna, which is under this part. The antenna would have problems going through the other metal parts of the phone. Hope this helps. It's not a design flaw.

iCop

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Tucson, AZ.
I am on my 4th iPhone now. Here is why:

1st phone: 4 gig - took it back to upgrade to 8 gig
2nd phone: 8 gig - exchanged it because mine had a very loose casing (spot you all are talking about, but visibly loose.
3rd phone: 8 gig - the day they exchanged it for this one I noticed a software glitch where I had little white squares blinking on the top and bottom of te screen when I scrolled. This phone too made the squeek noise in the same spot.
4th phone: 8 gig - got it today and so far it is flawless. No software glitch, no squeek noise or feel, and for some reason this one just feels better. It is much more responsive when typing too.