Does your phone have more storage than your computer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I was thinking (which is dangerous) that with the 128GB iPhone 6 and 6 Plus that there are probably people whose phone has more storage than their PC..

What say you 128GB iPhone 6 and 6 Plus owners. Does your phone have more storage than your PC or Mac SSD has?

Last edited:

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Well if we are talking SSD then not really. My wife's Chromebook has 32GB (which is a lot for a Chromebook).
Yes I should have specified in the OP that I was referring to PC/Mac's with SSD..

I had a Chromebook Pixel LTE that only had 64GB and I could have swore I had a Macbook Air a few years ago that only had 64GB, but I could be wrong there.. It was a 2012 Air I think..

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I was speaking of desktop hard drive capacity in general. I have over 5TB of hard drive capacity, including a 256GB SSD, but that's probably a bit more than the average user.
Yeah I have a TB of Google Drive that expires next year (my Pixel came with 3-years free) but I recently (today) got an upgrade to unlimited storage on OneDrive with my office 365 subscription..

As far as SSD goes, I have 256 on my Macbook which I find to be plenty all things considered..

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
250gb ssd for my local drive. then i have 2 regular non-ssd drives 2TB ea. followed by a NAT drive 2TB

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've got a PC running Win Server 2003 (it's solid, no problems whatsoever since I've set it up), that's got a 64gb SSD inside with a 2TB HD (powered) plugged in for home media and pictures etc.

I'm currently in the process of moving, bought a run down property which I'm doing up and I'm really looking forward to getting my house networked. I've picked up a couple of Kingston SSD's 128gb each - got eight so far. Trying to decide whether or not to go RAID or just go for multiple NAS drives. I've got a network switch which I'll be utilising for work based controls projects, hence the NAS (I'll have quite a few spare ports) - probably overkill, but I like the redundancy.