doesn't seem to be selling out?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hapa17

Jun 29, 2007
i've been monitoring Apple's iPhone inventory on its website since the east coast launch and none of the little green "in stock" icons have turned red "out-of-stock". does this mean supply IS meeting demand? it's been an hour and a half since the floodgates opened. does this mean i'll be able to walk in at 6 and once i brave the purchase line, i can own it tonight?

any insight here?

jforget1

Jun 24, 2007
Well unfortunately it did at the AT&T store near me, they ran out of 8gb 2 people before me. I am so pissed, did the direct ship thing so I am hoping it goes out fast. What a buzz kill.:mad:

hapa17

Jun 29, 2007
is there anyone else who was at an Apple store on the east coast that can comment on the supply/demand situation? perhaps AT&T is a bad move... but if i go Apple store, am i golden?

Sobe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hollywood, FL
www.genmay.com
is there anyone else who was at an Apple store on the east coast that can comment on the supply/demand situation? perhaps AT&T is a bad move... but if i go Apple store, am i golden?

Was about #65 in line at the Apple Store in the Aventura Mall (Miami, FL).

Was about 250-300 people there.

They were WELL stocked!

20 people at a time were allowed in.

Was a fun time.

Great launch Apple, well done!

Diviant

Jun 21, 2007
I was in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. I don't know how many iPhones they had, or if they had enough to cover everyone in line, but there were at least 150-200 people there. I was 20th or so in line. It was the greatest experience ever. The Apple staff were SO friendly, getting everyone pumped for 6:00 PM. They gave out free SmartWater 3 times throughout the day, and free Panera coffee.

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
We got smart water also (Beverly Center). Oh...and free tacos from Chipotle with the receipt from Apple showing we purchased an iPhone.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
wish cingular/AT&T were so nice, i was at an AT&T store and they were rude and mean, not letting anyone know how many they had left even after the started selling, wouldn't answer any questions, so people just had to wait until they ran out to see if they would be able to get one or not, so i waited there for about 45 minutes extra just to find out i couldn't get one, they sold out of 8gb 6 people in front of me so now its time to order online.

typer922

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
It's not showing any are selling out because it doesn't update the system until after businesss hours (or 9pm). That's why it says "Check iPhone availability after 9 p.m. the night before you plan to buy an iPhone"

jforget1

Jun 24, 2007
i've been monitoring Apple's iPhone inventory on its website since the east coast launch and none of the little green "in stock" icons have turned red "out-of-stock". does this mean supply IS meeting demand? it's been an hour and a half since the floodgates opened. does this mean i'll be able to walk in at 6 and once i brave the purchase line, i can own it tonight?

any insight here?
I read some post that the inventory site is only updated on a nightly basis, not real time.

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I just called a local Apple store and the lady i spoke with told me that they had plenty with no line at this point.

ennbr

Jun 16, 2007
Wow I wish I had gone to my Apple store the ATT people in Oakhurst, NJ would not even allow use to the the restrooms. I was 3rd in line got my 8gb with no trouble. The store manager did however let people at the back of the line know at 6PM they would not receive phones.

Wishbone

Jun 18, 2007
I was 9th in line at my AT&T store here in Charlotte, NC... at 5:30pm there were about 35 people in line and about 45 at 6:00 pm. Manager in the store told me that people after 5:30 (35) would not be getting one as they would be out of stock..

I've never stood in line for anything before but it wasn't a terrible experience. Everyone was friendly and talkative, but I know I would be ticked off if I waited to get into the store before finding out they were out of stock..