Doing work with an iPad

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
This is the main reason for investing in an iPad, yesterday I recived an email with an attachment that i had to respoond to, being that my Mini Mac took this opportunity to die, I had to resort to the iPad, I downloaded an attachment to a email, opened the document made the cahnges with openoffice and resent the document in another email, this was a basic task, but now I see it can be done. I would be interested hearing other stories.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
Do you need to get quick office or does the iPad have the ability to open/edit office files by itself? I know they have other office apps you can buy, I'm just wondering if iOS has a primitive version pre installed?

itsalexaye

Bronze
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
zamkato.com
It doesn't come with any office apps, but you can purchase Apple's iWork apps. Or use other ones like quickoffice. Personally I like Pages, Keynote and Numbers because of iCloud.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Do you need to get quick office or does the iPad have the ability to open/edit office files by itself? I know they have other office apps you can buy, I'm just wondering if iOS has a primitive version pre installed?
iOS can open many documents natively. To edit though, you must have a 3rd party app.

With the right app, theres almost nothing you cant do on the iPad.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
I use open office as it seems to be the best app that will work with Word. I have tried others but I didn't care for them.

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
I use open office as it seems to be the best app that will work with Word. I have tried others but I didn't care for them.

I would love if I found an OpenOffice.org app lol, use that on my MBP.

Ms Cola

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
www.marykay.com

Try Documents to Go. It works really good on both the iPad & iPhone, and sync with the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Try Documents to Go. It works really good on both the iPad & iPhone, and sync with the computer.
Well I have documents to go and didn't like it I don't Rebber the problems, quick office you just go to work.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Excellent! One more question...

What's the difference between their USD$9.99 (Office Suite) version and their USD$16.99 (Premium) version?

Sent from my iPad 3
That I cant answer. I do have the premium version though. Got it when it was on sale a while back.