Donation Temptation

sarah

Apr 7, 2008
Hi Everyone :laugh2:

Rather tempted with the unlimited Showtime app ... not a major problem with the huge file size of the Video's saved for now as I have plenty of space on my iPhone.

And know it is not a huge amount in $ to get the key to get past the 4 secs Max however wondered if you are still left with same black Settings page asking for licence Key after donation and putting in Key....

or if you then go direct to saved video's, with any setting changes ?

Normally like to try the full app before I make a donation. May wait and see if anything else developes on the Video front ;) Any feedback welcome

Cheers
S

scudder

Bronze
Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
WHat you get is unlimited length video and no settings, nada! The video is jumpy if you pan too quickly and of course no sound yet. Anything moving faster than a slow walk is blurred, but for a 'first past the post' progamme it is a breakthrough, needs a bit more work though. I am wondering why there are no other apps like this, but it could be developers are holding out for the Apple store to validate product and they can sell them through that instead of relying on donations or Paypal. Call my cynical (of course I am).

sarah

Apr 7, 2008
it could be developers are holding out for the Apple store to validate product and they can sell them through that instead of relying on donations or Paypal. Call my cynical (of course I am).
Thank you for reply

Yes I was thinking the very same thing as I noticed the promised developments made some time back had not happened

S.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Note that the Unlimited ShowTime has a lower frame rate than the current ShowTime, and doe snot same them as .mov files, so you can't transfer them to your computer. Also watch out for uShow, another video recording application soon to be released, said to have a better frame rate as well as audio capture, for free.

- John

sarah

Apr 7, 2008
Yes looked for the unlimited version but see it is no longer available through installer :( uShow Sounds interesting, and have been following this seems to be taking awhile ;)

Anyhoo thanks for the Heads up John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
BigBoss - the source that was hosting Unlimited - took it down and then became a Community Source.

- John