don't know what to do with my iPhone :/

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Hey guys i haven't decided what to do with my iPhone yet. My t-mobile contract ends up next week and i don't know whether to keep that contract and just make my iPhone on t-mobile or to take the safe road and put it on cingular. Or i can even put it on varison i just don't know what to do.. whats the best thing to do?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Hey guys i haven't decided what to do with my iPhone yet. My t-mobile contract ends up next week and i don't know whether to keep that contract and just make my iPhone on t-mobile or to take the safe road and put it on cingular. Or i can even put it on varison i just don't know what to do.. whats the best thing to do?
verizon is not an option - their network uses the CDMA standard, not GSM. since the iPhone is GSM-only, it won't work on that network.

you should be able to stay month-to-month on t-mobile without signing a new contract with them. if you like your plan and coverage, you could just unlock your iPhone and stay with them (though unlocking your iPhone technically voids its warranty). if an official AT&T plan looks good instead (and the coverage should be comparable to t-mobile), activate your iPhone through iTunes and just port your number over and be done with it.

helotr3vor

Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
k im gunna switch to AT&T but since my iPhone is hacked do i just like go to the store and say i already have an iPhone and they just hand me the sim card or something?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
go to the AT&T store and tell them you recently bought a new iPhone from a friend or something and that you need to activate your account.