Don't understand why Apple is lying about to me..

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
It seems that this issue only applies to some. My calls always come through and it seems that others in the Houston, TX area are experiencing what I am.
Perhaps we need to do a survey of the people that are not having calls interrupting their data sessions and their locations.
I would bet that it is location dependent.

My question is does anyone in Houston have his problem?
I'm in Houston too and haven't noticed this problem. 'Course I don't really receive that many calls, but every time I've been on the internet so far I've gotten interrupted when a call came in. And I don't do Wifi much. (You know Houston is going to get city wide wifi, right? I can't wait.)

But I think kycophpd is right. It won't interrupt you if it's downloading. I'll bet it would do the same thing to you and to me.

If it is location dependent, maybe it's not the location, but just that they sent Houston the good iPhones. LOL Where did you get yours? I got mine in the Galleria Apple store.

JagNL

Jul 13, 2007
Hey guys,

I always figured that it would not let a call come through. However, I just tried mine several times while loading on edge (wifi was off) and everytime it let my call from my Sprint phone come through. So my iPhone is letting calls come through while browsing with Safari or Youtube.... (and yes, I made sure it was actively loading while I called.)

-Jag

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Mine interrupted the call

I really don't know what to say, user error, service area?

I just called myself while I was sufing to Yahoo.com using Edge, I'm not in my home area code, I am at a friends house and called from his home (land) line.

I received the dialog box that said the contact name was calling, as I have that number programmed into the iPhone contacts. You have the option of excepting or ignoring the call.

Apple techs or employees did not lie, don't be so quick to judge. Mine works as it should. I would be happy to take pics and upload them to prove it.

Otherwise I call user error on this one, or service area?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Back to the original post regarding Apple employees. I have gone to 2 different Apple stores to ask the same questions about a problem i was having and I wasn't lied to but both employees played stupid equally and both were on the rude side. The only nice Apple people I talked to was the original person who sold me the phone (of course making the sale) and I found that when I called the 800 number that guy was cool too.

RomeoSto

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Chicago IL
Nice smartass response.....Thank you for bringing nothing to the table. I guess I still live in a fantasy world where people actually care how they treat a customer.
Ok now that was out of line I use to work for nextel pre merger and sprint as a legacy nextel ambassador. I cared because I knew customer care didn't once i became a sprint employee. I've never had to call AT&T's customer care yet are you referring to the fact that they never help you when you call?

RomeoSto

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Chicago IL
I was constantly browsing facebook.com on my iPhone while on the road with my fiancé and I was able to receive all of my calls. I rememeber waiting for the page to load for my inbox then my buddy called me. Shortly after he hung up the page continued to load and he called again for another question. All this happened on the road using Edge.