Don't update if you like null river stuff...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

samd12

Jul 8, 2007
don't bother updating your phone if you enjoy your iPhone with updates by null river. you will end up with a boring standard phone again. if I had it to do again I would have waited until the null river update is out. the new "features" of the update are not worth it, at least for me

Cmon null river...... PLEASE I MISS MY PHONE

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
don't bother updating your phone if you enjoy your iPhone with updates by null river. you will end up with a boring standard phone again. if I had it to do again I would have waited until the null river update is out. the new "features" of the update are not worth it, at least for me

Cmon null river...... PLEASE I MISS MY PHONE
i'm an UNLOCKED 02 UK user and will be avoiding any update until confirmed ok by numerous sites (that my unlock will keep working)

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
Thanks, I was looking for this info everywhere. I'll try to wait for the hack...I love that money app too much to get rid of, it makes me a semi-responsible person with my money now!

Haha...

aaiphone

Sep 21, 2007
Me too, where did he go?
I think Apple stole him!
yes my iPhone is a guy.
haha

This is my first time dealing with an Apple product and so far I just don't get Apple... I have owned a lot of phones and have never dealt with a company that locked down their device as Apple is doing... is it too much to ask for a device to put my own custom ringtones on that are not songs? I couldn't resist upgrading to 1.1.1 and it totally deleting everything I had on my phone and now I have to deal with the lame ringtones that Apple is trying to force everyone from using (unless they want to spend $.99+$.99 for a section of a song...

It's a shame too because I think Apple got the hardware right and could be so much more if they just let it....

DrDiesel

Sep 27, 2007
is it true that if i sync an update is forced?
No, Synching will NOT update the firmware to 1.1.1 as long as you tell it to not update as soon as you plug in your phone.

I synched mine BEFORE I updated just in case with nullriver installed it lost my contacts. I knew it was possible to loose installer.APP (which I did, I want my iPhone back too!) but I went with the update anyway.

Sure enough, lost Nullriver, but my contacts are intact as are the new features from Apple.

blacklabel775

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Try and get your old iPhone back

Hey, if anyone who regrets updating to 1.1.1, you might be interested in helping me test something out.

In iTunes (on an Apple) you can hold the option key and click restore and a window will pop up asking you to choose what file you want to use to restore.

I have not updated to 1.1.1 yet, but I have been able to restore without being forced into an update. My only worry is that if I update, i will loose the option to restore to 1.0.2 completely.

So basically im looking for a guineapig to try to revert from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 to see if its possible. If anyone wants to give it a shot, let me know and i can send you the 1.0.2 restore file.

TW1ZTD

Sep 11, 2007
This is my first time dealing with an Apple product and so far I just don't get Apple... I have owned a lot of phones and have never dealt with a company that locked down their device as Apple is doing... is it too much to ask for a device to put my own custom ringtones on that are not songs? I couldn't resist upgrading to 1.1.1 and it totally deleting everything I had on my phone and now I have to deal with the lame ringtones that Apple is trying to force everyone from using (unless they want to spend $.99+$.99 for a section of a song...

It's a shame too because I think Apple got the hardware right and could be so much more if they just let it....
As far as adding ringtones you can still use IBrickr, you just can't jailbreak your phone.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
blacklabel775, it doesn't work. Apple made this version where you can't downgrade in order to stop 3rd party development completely.