Don't want to update an app...Possible?

5shelties

Bronze
Jul 28, 2009
I have an app that I love, the way it is, and don't want to be hounded to update it. Can I remove the red update warning from the app store, and keep it as it is? Actually it is the Public Radio Tuner, and I can tune in individual stations by state. Don't want to update to new version. Thanks!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
On a stock phone, there is no way to remove the red warning. Don't know about a jailbroke phone.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I have an app that I love, the way it is, and don't want to be hounded to update it. Can I remove the red update warning from the app store, and keep it as it is? Actually it is the Public Radio Tuner, and I can tune in individual stations by state. Don't want to update to new version. Thanks!
I think you're stuck with either updating or living with the red badge.
We have 2 shelties. Love 'em!

Andy65

Jul 27, 2009
Most of the time you will not be able to remove the update message, unless the developer gives an option to ignore. If you really like the way it is, just ignore the message, although I know it can be a destruction.

Or you can try to research on the update, it can be possible that the update will not affect the feature that you want in that app. It's worth trying :)

Andy