Don't Waste your iPhones Juice! Battery Saving Tips.

panzeriti

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
My iPhone is always running out of juice so I did a little research and found a few ways to keep my battery juiced up, and I would like to share them with you all.

1. Lower the Brightness on your LCD. Running the screen at full blast will kill your battery in no time. Try running it at 10-20% power. Change in Settings->Brightness.
2. Turn on auto brightness. The iPhone has sensor that adjusts the brightness of the screen based on the light around it. This will help you save juice by not using super bright settings when not needed. Change in Settings->Brightness.
3. Turn off Wi-Fi. Keep this one off unless you really need it. Change in Settings -> WiFi.
4. Turn of 3G. 3G is much quicker than EDGE but it uses more juice. If your not currently using your iPhone, you can turn it off no problem. Change in Settings -> General -> Network.
5. Turn off bluetooth. If your not using bluetooth, it should definitely be off. Change in Settings -> General.
6. Turn off location services. These services use juice just like any other process on your phone. Turn it off to save some power. Change in Settings -> General.
7. Auto-Lock in 1 minute. Your phone should never just be sitting idle with the screen on. Screen on = using up juice. Set the auto-lock to 1 minute to stop waisting. Change in Settings -> General -> Auto-Lock.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Yep. I think there are some other threads about this from 2007. Welcome to the forums though. I'm glad you put the auto brightness in there because some people think it wastes battery (ridiculous I know).

panzeriti

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
I played your Java game Styfle. It needs an ammo limit or miss limit. Also, what is that voice over saying?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I didn't bother to put a ammo limit or miss limit. Its a game of accuracy. The voice over of Mario? I think he's saying HIHEE!

4ukh

Mar 21, 2010
very useful tips i just setup my iPhone as you directed...

thanks for sharing...

panzeriti

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
It is a rechargeable battery that you plug into your iPhone to charge it. Basically grabbing the charge from another battery. They are very useful, but is another thing that you have to carry around.

panzeriti

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
don't get me wrong... def. a good thing to have, but i am just saying the only reason i do not have one is because of the carrying around part.

Good for trips though ;)