Doom on the iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 11, 2007
I remember the pdp when hacking first started. All this hype about nes and doom but it was never fully playable until like a month or two later. Personally I'm looking forward de snes. Does anyone know how the CPU of he iPhone compares to the Psp speed wise?

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
I remember the pdp when hacking first started. All this hype about nes and doom but it was never fully playable until like a month or two later. Personally I'm looking forward de snes. Does anyone know how the CPU of he iPhone compares to the Psp speed wise?
the iPhone has a 620MHz ARM CPU but i have no idea what the psp has

Painkiller

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
The PSP's is 333mhz. It actually was just recently allowed to run at 333mhz. The cpu was downgraded to something in the 200mhz, and the latests firmware upgrade unlocked the cpu to the 333mhz speed.

Not sure what exactly the chipset is in the psp but, with the 3d graphic processors in it, it's kind of Apples (pun intended) to oranges to compare the clockspeeds alone.

I think the PSP could "out game" an iPhone. Just my guess.

Aug 11, 2007
I agree but we will see. But snes will be soo cool when it comes out. I doubt the iPhone will ever be capable of playing n64 games or PS1 games ever. I wonder what games Apple will release.