Dots on screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Paulshaqz

Jul 14, 2007
Does anybody have a whole bunch of dots on their screen its nothing but lines of dots you only see it when you turn the phone on and home screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Could you guys be constructive to the guys' questions please? Not everyone lives on these boards without a life and knows every post the second they come up and may have in fact, just gotten their iPhone that has been out, what? A month?

Sure tell him to do a search. And you know what? He doesn't know exactly what he is searching for, as you can tell by his question. 'Lines of dots', versus 'pixels' is how he worded it. So please, just help people because the more people that they/we tell Apple about their/our problems with the phone, the more Apple will likely do to fix the problems.

In answer to OP, ya, there may be some people that have some minor 'ghosting' or visible pixel maps on a black/blank screen. It's luck of the draw on whether or not your phone has this minor non function inhibiting 'flaw'.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
dose anybody have a whole bunch of dots on ther screen its nothing but lines of dots you only see it when you turn the phone on and home screen
ill tell you what man, why don't you use our search bar on top of the page to search for things like that,. they are about 100 pots on here about that problem. alright..
you can give me a thanks for that one! :laugh2:
and also welcome to the site.................

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
dose anybody have a whole bunch of dots on ther screen its nothing but lines of dots you only see it when you turn the phone on and home screen

The dots you see are part of one if the layers relating to the multi touch screen...it is 100% normal to see these on a black screen or if brightness is at 100%...once again this is not a defect at all.

STNLESS

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
oy

To the OP (Original Poster) yes, as stated above, the dots are normal and turning down the brightness (which saves battery) will make them less visible.

To everyone else who has read the same questions countless times, Chill out! Ok, so you've read it before - You have clearly never been in any service oriented position. People get common problem and they seek help at a knowledgeable source. For iPhone users it's here with you guys! Get used to seeing reoccuring problems, no not everyone will search. Just get over yourselves, responses like above are among the things that I see more and more in this and other forums. We were all beginners once, how quickly you forget! Instead of getting mad that the new post isn't something new to drool over - when you see it is someone new - how about helping them!

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Paul, there is at least one really long thread on the "white dots" issue here, IIRC. I think that Tinman and I were just expressing our weariness about the subject. Sorry if it came off a little sarcastic, but if you find and read that thread, you'll also be looking for a razor blade and watching dead brain cells falling out of your ears...:laugh2:

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I'm sorry this is off topic but... everytime I see the title of this thread I think of those Dots ice cream places in the mall. Haven't had those in a while.

...continue with your dots.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
To the OP (Original Poster) yes, as stated above, the dots are normal and turning down the brightness (which saves battery) will make them less visible.

To everyone else who has read the same questions countless times, Chill out! Ok, so you've read it before - You have clearly never been in any service oriented position. People get common problem and they seek help at a knowledgeable source. For iPhone users it's here with you guys! Get used to seeing reoccuring problems, no not everyone will search. Just get over yourselves, responses like above are among the things that I see more and more in this and other forums. We were all beginners once, how quickly you forget! Instead of getting mad that the new post isn't something new to drool over - when you see it is someone new - how about helping them!
I'm sorry -- what did you say?

Relax. I've never been insulting in this forum, although I'm tempted to now...
And as for Tinman, I've found many of his posts (haven't read them all) helpful and insightful (not inciteful).

Maybe you could apply for a moderator position here so you can ban little tinpot dictators such as Tinman and me.

Paulshaqz

Jul 14, 2007
i aprecite all your guys thoughts its just i was curious becuse my first iPhone dint have this so i still think thers something wrong with the screen but thats just my opinion not sure what Apple wood do this time ?