Double At - Must have Tweak

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by iphonewarrior, Mar 9, 2013.

1. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Double At is a free tweak which allows to user to double-tap the @ sign on the iPhone's keyboard and it will automatically insert your pre-defined email address. This for me a must-have because everything you use on the internet requires a login and I find myself continuously inputting my email address into fields etc.

This tweak doesn't install an icon on your springboard, you can define your email in the Settings.app under Double At.

You could argue and use iOS's native shortcuts, but I think this is much quicker!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay, I'll argue. I just use a keyboard shortcut for that. :D

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I knew someone would... :p

4. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I'm with Mindy. I use a shortcut. But, you can't use shortcuts for password fields and I wonder if this tweak would fill in a password for a commonly visited, low security site. Have to give it a try.

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I can't see why it wouldn't work for a password as the Double At is effectively just a glorified paste. You probably don't even have to insert an email, you could use anything and simply double-tap the @. The only unfortunate thing would be that you would have to write your password in visible text within the Settings.app - not very secure if someone else were to grab hold of your phone.

I've used the shortcuts since they first came available, but you still have to type a few letters to enable the input - Double At, for me is much quicker. Suppose it's all down to personal preference :)

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It works with two. I have a shortcut set for a double @. It works fine and does the exact same thing this tweak does. I'm a minimalist and don't like to install tweaks for things that can already be done with a stock option unless they are easier, and this one doesn't make it any easier.

7. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I use action menu a lot.
    It allows for pasting of password for many sites, but not iTunes, for example. Stock keyboard shortcut will not work for that either.
    Kind of sux, iTunes is probably longest pass I use. Unique from any other I have.....

8. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

There is a tweak that fills in your iTunes password automatically. PasswordPilot

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

I love using "KBShortcuts" with "iKeyWi"..... This gives me a shed load of built in keyboard shortcuts plus the option to add 10 customizable shortcuts, here I add 5 email shortcuts with 3 password shortcuts. These will work everywhere except Cydia. Works great in the AppStore as well.
    The ultimate in keyboard functionality. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD