double click to other apps w/o iPhone Home hack?

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Hi, all.
I know there is a third party app called iPhone home to change the application to open by double clicking home button.

My question is, I wonder if there is a way to do this by editing plist or some sort....:p I don't like too many icons on my screen and I tried to keep it minimum as much as possible.
So, I wonder if there is a way to show multiple apps to choose in setting>general>home button, then it shows number of apps to choose. I really want to have double clicking home button to go iSearch....

Would this be possible?

Thanks in advance.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Hi, all.
I know there is a third party app called iPhone home to change the application to open by double clicking home button.

My question is, I wonder if there is a way to do this by editing plist or some sort....:p I don't like too many icons on my screen and I tried to keep it minimum as much as possible.
So, I wonder if there is a way to show multiple apps to choose in setting>general>home button, then it shows number of apps to choose. I really want to have double clicking home button to go iSearch....

Would this be possible?

Thanks in advance.
When I last checked, you can install the application, change the home button route, and uninstall it - but the changes will stick. I'd try that out. :laugh2:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
When I try to instsall iPhoneHome, it says it can't. It says only with 1.1.2, and I have 1.1.3.:mad:

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
When I try to instsall iPhoneHome, it says it can't. It says only with 1.1.2, and I have 1.1.3.:mad:
I had it with 1.1.2 and routed my double tap to SMS.

Then when 1.1.3 came I upgraded to it (and it was non-jailbroken of course).

BUT THE DOUBLE TAP STILL WORKED TO SMS!

Spooky, huh? :eek:

swiftice

Jun 16, 2009
How Do I customize the button for Google Mobile App

How do I customize the double click button for Google Mobile App. Please provide URL if suggesting through ihome button or supreme prefs.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You can change the app the double tap of the home button opens in settings. It doesn't list all though, just a few if i remember correctly?

swiftice

Jun 16, 2009
Well

Yes you can change between a few apps, but I need the "Google Mobile App, and theres a customizable url link below all the other options and I need a proper link to put in google mobile. So any ideas peeps? Customizable link, so I can add google mobile app?